free website stats program Hi guys new here. Looking for advice. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi guys new here. Looking for advice.

Brian is right on. Counter steer into a corner and as you accelerate out the bike will stand back up.

I have a 2016 1200C and all the descriptions here fit. A Sportster isn't a sports bike and doesn't handle like one, but it does have its own charm and character. As you get used to riding it and taking the curves it will become second nature, almost like 'thinking your way' through.

Brian is right on. Counter steer into a corner and as you accelerate out the bike will stand back up.

I have a 2016 1200C and all the descriptions here fit. A Sportster isn't a sports bike and doesn't handle like one, but it does have its own charm and character. As you get used to riding it and taking the curves it will become second nature, almost like 'thinking your way' through.

I like the way you put it SilverFoxXD. I’ve only rode one sportster one time, after I put a new clutch cable in a friends several years back. It wasn’t fun, but then at 6’ 8” and 278 lbs I felt like a chicken on a June bug. I’ve been riding for 42 years and I got to thinking,, , Taking a curve just comes natural to me.

They have a higher center of gravity. Sounds like you have some sportbike experience, the difference is noticeable. Lean more. If you are not dragging hard parts, you are not leaning enough. I ride my Harley's like I ride my sportbikes. The technique are not all that different, it's just a learning curve. Harley's don't give the feedback like a sportbike does. They are kinda numb, and sometimes don't feel planted in the corners. Relax and enjoy.

Thanks guys, I think I have it now, got some big scrape marks on my pipes and enjoying it immensely. I'm thinking a street rod next but I'll give it some time on the sporty first.

Back