free website stats program Hi flow vs Stage1 | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hi flow vs Stage1

The Moss Magnuson act say's that the dealer must prove that the item(s) you added are the direct cause of whatever warranty issue he is trying not to pay for. Be it add on parts or lubricants. As Dolt pointed out it might come down to some type of court fight, but it also might make the dealer think twice if he knows you understand the law and have the M,M act in hand. I don't think it is a good practice to start with a sharp stick in the eye, as was stated above talk to the owner about what you're thinking about and go from there.

Thanks to all for input. My only concern is warranty hassles should it be needed. Cross that bridge should it come. Finishing up Stage 1 mods is next on the list.... air cleaner, fueler, and maybe headers to get rid of the cat. Again thanks your advice is most welcome and appreciated.

Most good dealers will tell you to add a fueler just because:D

Thanks to everyone i called the dealer... You will never guess what they said...yep you got it...if I put the mods on....void warranty...they do it no problem. One could almost agree if we're just related to the fueler or re- map but for bolt on stuff it's nuts. Love the bike, just as I did my SG but man what a racket they have going and a racket in a bad way!

Thanks to everyone i called the dealer... You will never guess what they said...yep you got it...if I put the mods on....void warranty...they do it no problem. One could almost agree if we're just related to the fueler or re- map but for bolt on stuff it's nuts. Love the bike, just as I did my SG but man what a racket they have going and a racket in a bad way!

Its more like a hammer than a racket............

Just 1 more way for them to gouge the consumer!:nosad, they'll readily sell you the things that they say will void your warranty but will be happy to take your money to install them. What a scam!

Or you could do like I did. I bought a de-catted header on Ebay and kept my stock header and original mufflers. Kept my stock a/c and all the hardware. If I ever have a warranty issue that might be related to my Stage 1 install, I'll just put everything back to stock conditions, remove the Dobeck EJK, clear any codes that might have popped up that are related to the Stage 1, and take it back to the dealer for the warranty work. What they don't know won't hurt me :D. I was at the dealer not too long ago looking at some brand new Rhinehart slip ons. I asked one of the parts guys there if I bought them and put them on my bike, would it void my warranty. He told me it could if the problem was related to the mufflers. So they can sell you parts that can void your warranty??? Hmmm...... sounds pretty shady to me. :(

Does the Dobeck unit require disconnecting the O2 sensors? If so, the ECM will record that event and a savvy tech might discover that the O2 sensors were disconnected. Guess what, bad juju will follow. The ECM is a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware and records much more data than one would think. Just thinking out loud.:s

Does the Dobeck unit require disconnecting the O2 sensors? If so, the ECM will record that event and a savvy tech might discover that the O2 sensors were disconnected. Guess what, bad juju will follow. The ECM is a pretty sophisticated piece of hardware and records much more data than one would think. Just thinking out loud.:s

Yes it requires you bypass the 02 sensor. I agree it's like your home computer, you may delete something but it's never completely gone.:nosad

Indeed they are, with some scan tools you can determine @ what speed the error code was set

Man just think how much you could buy for the $100+ an hour labor charged for the MoCo to install stuff easily installed by any shade tree guy not to mention the mark up on parts! Could drive one to drink! On that note time for a cool adult beverage!
WAP.gif

yep, it all depends on the dealer as others have said. I see you are in N Texas.

Call American Eagle HD in Corinth. So far, 6 of my friends have bought brand new bikes and rode them out of the shop new without the cats. 225 extra.

Im there tomorrow morning. I'll triple check to see if anything has changed

good luck

Back