free website stats program Hey, that's an insult !!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey, that's an insult !!!

Indians in fact were just as good a Machine as the HD flathead, but H D came out with the OHV Knuclehead motor and Indian kept the tried and true flathead motor. World war 2 orders fell short, pillage by factory workers led to Indians demise TOO BAD they were great old bikes:s

Sounds like your reading from an Internet history book? A lot of bad info there.

I was there and the Indians ruled on performance,

Never heard that Indians financial problems were due to pillage from factory workers?

Sounds like your reading from an Internet history book? A lot of bad info there.

I was there and the Indians ruled on performance,

Never heard that Indians financial problems were due to pillage from factory workers?

No doubt about Indians running the pants off Harleys and their flatheads would run all day no problems. The official 80 year history of Harley Davidson cites pillage by factory workers as part of the demise of Indian

No doubt about Indians running the pants off Harleys and their flatheads would run all day no problems. The official 80 year history of Harley Davidson cites pillage by factory workers as part of the demise of Indian

Is that why Harley Davidson's clothes and stuff are made in China?

Not a troll, love my 2009 FLSTC, just do not like the way the company is run.

We need to start manufacturing in the USA and be self sufficient again.

Is that why Harley Davidson's clothes and stuff are made in China?

Not a troll, love my 2009 FLSTC, just do not like the way the company is run.

We need to start manufacturing in the USA and be self sufficient again.

I could not AGREE more, I buy USA when ever I can, and I would love to own and restore an Indian, it is too bad they had so many problems in the end they really had a very good bike and some say better than Harley:s

I could not AGREE more, I buy USA when ever I can, and I would love to own and restore an Indian, it is too bad they had so many problems in the end they really had a very good bike and some say better than Harley:s

I agree. Lets manufacture more stuff in the USA, create good jobs and become a great country again.

Uphill battle trying to get manufacturing back into the US. Problem is price is the driver nowadays that helps to "make the sale"...especially in this age of "tight money/borrowing. Hard to imagine major makes move offshore manufacturing back and setup local manufacturing, not anytime soon anyway. :(

I have heard that when the price of oil gets to around 180$ a barrel it will no longer be cheaper to manufactor of shore. and the big boys will start bringing the business back home. mexico was cheap labour for awhile now even their soveniers are made in china .as the wages grow over seas , the cost of transport goes up & the locals will work for less or starve , the work will come back .
or guys like the mastercard chair gets shot for getting millions in bonuses- just to rip off consumers.

Back