free website stats program Hey R.Lewis | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hey R.Lewis

Gee us old moderators have been taking a beating the last few years, but on the bright side we are all still here.
Ken

Dang skippy we are still here and we will keep on cruzin down that black ribbon of life no matter if its on the back of our beloved scoots or right here on HDT moderating , giving advise/lending a hand , telling of a joke or what ever we can do for our fellow brothers and sisters that has a passion for life!!!!! :s

Hang in there Randy. I know the road to recovery can be painful for multiple reasons. Best wishes for continued recovery and getting back to the 2 wheeled world:s

Randy, best wishes. I know about missing the ride, the doc grounded me. I haven't been on the bike or driven anything for 6 weeks. I think that I get my freedom back this weekend.
Ken

I hope you have a good weekend....:rider

Stay strong buddy. They try to throw drugs at you to mask things.
When I spent that long month in the hospital I was hooked to a pain pump and self-medicating.The head nurse at the hospital didn't think I was using it enough and shot me full of morphene.When I realized what she had done I screamed bloody murder to my surgeon.I never had any more contact with that nurse and the rest of the nurses and doctors who came to my room to check on me would only ask "are you comfortable sir" :D

Steve, I hope that nurse didn't hit your pain pump, I'm pretty sure only the patient is allowed to do that one. :s But if they gave you a shot, they can do that.

Hang in there Randy, give yourself time to heal, 58 inch thighs will take a little longer. :D

When I had my busted leg I had a pain pump but it was regulated. I could hit the button but it was programmed to not over dose.
Ken

Yes Ken, but the patient is the ONLY person allowed to push the button on the pain pump. :s Not even the nurses are allowed to do that. Too many people have died from overdoses from other people pushing that button. :s

Quick update ------ Went Monday and had the CT lumbar mylegram, stuck a needle in the back and filled me up with dye, took some "xrays" and didnt find anything wrong with my spine( bulging,perforated,slipped disks/vertabraes) then went across town and had the nerve test done-btw hurt like (so many self-edits) on the leg - not good! They "found" some nerve/muscle damage. The dr. has stopped some of my physical therapy exersizes due to re-aggrevation / inflamation in the area of concern. I go today at 1:30 to have a femoral nerve injection done( WOO-HOO more needles!!!:swoon) and then go back to Ortho. Dr. on 8/8 to see whats the next step!
Even with what I have been thru and getting ready to go thru more ---- My state of mind is -- my beer mug is HALF FULL :cheers !! I'm NOT going to let this get me down cause with the support of my wife - who has been an absolute godsend as usual - and everyone here on HDT I have the best therapy a person can have :hii!! I'll let ya'll know what happens next and again THANKS to everybody here!!!!

Last edited:
Hang in there Randy. They will test you until they run out of tests and then find something to fix. Been there and done that. :D

Back