free website stats program Here's my Trike build | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Here's my Trike build

I don't think that you would get it to lift the front wheel anyway,as mine wont lift the front wheel no matter how I try. As you say the handling will be very different but a big grin factor:newsmile090::bigsmiley24::yahoo.

John.

ok, its all fixed. the last post that is. You guys better wear cotton in your ears ifin we ever meet. I changed the wording in the post, in case a child happened to read it. But even what I did write was funny and not out of contex. Heck there's more vile on regular aired TV.

RJ

Well I finally got a new program that's allowing me to post pictures again on my web site.

You can now check out the progress of my build once again.

The Build Continues

New Update

Inner Fender Wheel Well Fabrication

Fender%20support.jpg

Use of a shrinker, stretcher metal tool. Allowed formation of a curved right angle for the inner fender support.

well%20cover.jpg

This right angle form will ensure the strength needed to maintain the inner fender wheel well opening.

closed001.jpg

All seams will be sealed with a marine silicon adhesive. Metal to metal contact points will be encased in a neoprene rubber "U" channel. The entire inner cargo area will be laid-out in such a way to prevent rain or moisture from entering and will be finished with a short nap-carpet. This part of the build will take the longest to fabricate. Since the body being used was designed as a trailer body and not for the trike.

Build Progress

RJ

Its coming together well zood ,I don't know what the shipping would be,but if you gave me the blank size I could roll you one piece inner fenders complete with the sqare back on one side.This isn't a solicitation I'm not looking to charge you for it,I just think it would give you a much nicer product.:D

Its coming together well zood ,I don't know what the shipping would be,but if you gave me the blank size I could roll you one piece inner fenders complete with the sqare back on one side.This isn't a solicitation I'm not looking to charge you for it,I just think it would give you a much nicer product.:D

I appreciate your offer. And know that I have looked at that option. However,... the way these original inner wheel wells are formed. The body form determines what can be fitted in there. For me to install the type your offering. The body wouldn't allow for it to fit without cutting into the front.

LFwell001.jpg

LFwell002.jpg

LFwell003.jpg

I had already made the shapes required to fit within the inner structure. When it's all said and done inside there. It will look factory. I'm also planning on adding compartments in there as well.

Anyways,... thank you for the offer.

RJ

Still at it. Just managed to lengthen the mufflers by another 6.5 inches so they stick out past the bumper. Ill add pictures later. Been busy expanding my home here and it has taken me away from the build. But I'm now back at it. Placing a fiber glass body on the build isnt as easy as 123. Had to shim and figure out different spacer heights that I been fabricating so that I dont have a bunch of washers or shims on the trike. If all goes to plan. I should have it finished by the end of this month.

RJ

Here are some picture up-dates of the muffler extensions I managed to make out of the same type mufflers I had on hand.

HPIM0897.JPG

I plan on making a panel that will fill the area between the bumper and the trike body. Just like the extended bumper look of the late 50's cars.

HPIM0898.JPG

The 2 threaded blocks on the exhaust extensions are perfect for mounting the fill panel.

RJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to seeing the finished product,I bet you are too!

Back