free website stats program help? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

help?

1981 and later 17 digit vin# number on frame. Abbreviated vin# on engine. Example ,frame # =1HD1BFK11BY127956. Engine # would be BFKB117956
The 17 digit frame number is the same number on the title. The abbreviated number on the case is part of the vin as described in my post.
My stamped case number starts with the letter F not a number like you said they all start with.

1981 and later 17 digit vin# number on frame. Abbreviated vin# on engine. Example ,frame # =1HD1BFK11BY127956. Engine # would be BFKB117956
The 17 digit frame number is the same number on the title. The abbreviated number on the case is part of the vin as described in my post.
My stamped case number starts with the letter F not a number like you said they all start with.
Look at your title and frame number it starts with 1HD, there has never been a lower case j PERIOD HD chose not to put the 1HD on the cases any more follow your frame number, you will see it matches your engine minus the 1HD NUFF SAID

Look on your frame and title, it will start with 1hd followed by the letters, That is the VIN
I'm not talking about the frame or title, i'm talking about the stamped engine case number. You said in post #6 that Harley engine numbers start with a number and that's not correct.
If you are correct then why does mine start with the letter F?

It would help if the OP,michael arneson, could post a pic of the motor. Both left & right sides.
tourbox

It would also help to know manufacturer of entire bike. There should be a tag/plate somewhere on the frame as to the manufacturer. Unless it was built by an individual.
tourbox

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not talking about the frame or title, i'm talking about the stamped engine case number. You said in post #6 that Harley engine numbers start with a number and that's not correct.
If you are correct then why does mine start with the letter F?
Once again, The VIN contains the 1HD the MOCO does not stamp the entire number any more on the crank case, there has NEVER been a VIN like the OP has HD has NEVER used a lower case j in ANY VIN, Case closed
The OP either has an after market case or someone has altered a number and that is the bottom line

BFKB117956 Not enough VIN, 17 is total minus the first 5 on the case, May be an Asterisk or a star at the front and last but will for sure be 12 the Whole number starts with 1HD, I was wrong about the entire number on the case but I am 100 percent on the VIN if it don't match you best have papers to prove it or bye bye bike. It seems in 1970 The MOCO shortened the VIN on the case, I never paid any attention to that but never used a lower case j in any production

tourbox gave good sound advice, photos of the engine will be helpful in determining what you have.
If it's a Harley case it should be stamped with a combination of 10 letters and numbers with a asterisk at the beginning and the end.

I have no frame number that I can find just the number on the front of the cranckcases # is BC13J5274. I just can't figure it out

I did some research on the number you provided but could not find anything matching.
What makes you think that it's a Harley engine? Is this a home made motorcycle? What does your title say it is?

Compare that to your title and ur wrong
F = 1690 Balanced-EFI
Not your VIN Look on your title for your VIN,
Once again Harley NEVER used a lower case j in ANY VIN

Look on your frame and title, it will start with 1hd followed by the letters, That is the VIN
I am wrong on the case but 100 on the VIN and HD NEVER used a lower case j in any VIN, I have no idea where you found that motor number but it is not a valid one Jeff
The asterisk are unique to HD stamping s, they actually are special and very hard to duplicate

The post I made is from HDT and deemed to be accurate. I checked my scoot and the stamped abbreviated vin on the left side of engine starts with the letter F. Would you like me to post a photo?
Not really, I am wrong but I am right there are 17 digits in the VIN, The case has Asteriks and partial numbers, I was wrong on that but 100 on everything else I posted

1981 and later 17 digit vin# number on frame. Abbreviated vin# on engine. Example ,frame # =1HD1BFK11BY127956. Engine # would be BFKB117956.

Ya mean like this! On the frame vin you are correct, on the engine number you are incorrect.
Nope you look again by your own post you are wrong your second set of numbers are wrong

Back