free website stats program help? | Harley Davidson Forums

help?

michael arneson

dont know what motor i have. so cant order parts. its in a custom frame and low front of motor has this number on it BC13j5274. please help

dont know what motor i have. so cant order parts. its in a custom frame and low front of motor has this number on it BC13j5274. please help
that # is on both cranckcases

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are not Harley numbers, they must be casting numbers from some after market case manufacturer
Too many numbers and letters even for an earl model

1981 and later 17 digit vin# number on frame. Abbreviated vin# on engine. Example ,frame # =1HD1BFK11BY127956. Engine # would be BFKB117956.

Ya mean like this! On the frame vin you are correct, on the engine number you are incorrect.

I have no frame number that I can find just the number on the front of the cranckcases # is BC13J5274. I just can't figure it out

If your VIN is not stamped on the Left Side it is not a Harley Case

1981 and later 17 digit vin# number on frame. Abbreviated vin# on engine. Example ,frame # =1HD1BFK11BY127956. Engine # would be BFKB117956.

Ya mean like this! On the frame vin you are correct, on the engine number you are incorrect.
NO you are wrong, The VIN is on the LEFT SIDE crank case and ALWAYS starts with a number
Nuff said LOOK it up, If The numbers DO not match you still do not have a Harley

The post I made is from HDT and deemed to be accurate. I checked my scoot and the stamped abbreviated vin on the left side of engine starts with the letter F. Would you like me to post a photo?

The post I made is from HDT and deemed to be accurate. I checked my scoot and the stamped abbreviated vin on the left side of engine starts with the letter F. Would you like me to post a photo?
Compare that to your title and ur wrong
F = 1690 Balanced-EFI
Not your VIN Look on your title for your VIN,
Once again Harley NEVER used a lower case j in ANY VIN

Look on your frame and title, it will start with 1hd followed by the letters, That is the VIN

Back