free website stats program Help!!!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help!!!!

Let us know what the problem ended up being??

I sure will. Rode my bike, it screws up. Turned on my computer, its messed up. Picked up my coffee mug, handle broke off. I'm afraid to pee.
WAP.gif

UPDATE:

Yesterday was the first chance I had to anything to my bike since I started having this trouble with it. Haven't ridden it or messed with it since. When I first started having the problem, I disconnected the ground wire for the Dobeck EJK, so it was bypassing it, but it was still connected to the injectors. So yesterday I removed it completely. Since I was now back to the stock AFR and had installed a SE hi flow a/c, I needed to remove that as well, or it would have been too lean. Put the stock a/c back on. Just got back from a 200 mile ride, and it ran perfect. Stronger than when the EJK was actually working properly. Didn't cut out or miss once. So I'm guessing its not the EJK itself (since it still messed up when the ground was removed), but a loose connection to the injector plugs, or a faulty wire in the EJK connectors somewhere. The connector plugs on the unit still look real clean and no burnt or visible problem areas in the wiring. So now what??? I'll call Dobeck in the morning, but am now wondering if I should just leave it the way it is. Ran great, gas mileage is better, no sputtering. But now I have a brand new hi flow a/c and a $200 faulty EJK unit. Kinda wanted the full stage I setup, but not too crazy about it cutting out and almost stalling on me at 80 mph.
Any suggestions??? I open to some good advice.

I would not throw in the towel. Send the Dobeck unit back for the Dobeck guys to check it out for faults; they will replace it if faulty. Once you get the Dobeck back and you know it is operating properly, you can sell it with a clear conscience. Or , if something was wrong with it, reinstall with the SE A/F and try again. There is always the option to replace the Dobeck with a more sophisticated system, as I think Jack is suggesting. The SEPST or TTS Mastertune are both good options and a good dyno tune along with your Stage 1 upgrades will surprise you.

Final Update: (I hope) :p

Sent the unit back to Dobeck. They called a few days later to tell me one of the wires was broken on channel 2. Looking at the outside of the wires there was no visible pinching or any type of damage to the wires themselves, so there was just a bad internal connection somewhere. They said they would send me a new one. Got an email a few days later saying they screwed up and sent me my repaired original unit back, but not to open the box, and they would send a brand new one with a prepaid shipping label and to send the other one back. Installed the new one yesterday under the right side cover instead of under the seat like the first time I installed it and put the SE hi flow a/c back on. Left the settings alone for now. Went for a long ride last night and everything seems to be fine, so I'm not even going to tweak it at all. She ran the way it was when I first installed it several months ago. Getting a few pops on decel, but I can live with that for now. Hopefully this one will work for a long time and no more problems. I asked Dobeck but never did get an answer on this, so I'll ask here. Why do we need to bypass the O2 sensors when installing one of these??? I disconnected the O2 sensors and installed the bypass plugs like the instructions call for, but I'm not sure why we can't leave the O2 sensors hooked up or if it's just better without them??? If you install the SE tuner, or any of the other more expensive tuners, do you bypass the O2 sensors as well???

TWO systems FIGHTING themselves....

One saying I want LEAN and the other saying FAT... No one wins just Bad settings...

You Should NOT have the 02's hooked when running the Piggy-backs...:s

Hooking the by-passes on the 02 connectors; Insures it doesn't toss a code and the engine light not coming on...

signed....BUBBIE

No on the SE tuners....IT relies on the 02's to tell the fuel running even though the SE changes it... SE is MANAGING the HD BRAIN

Piggy-backs DON'T do any of that but they FOOL the brain with the 02's dsconnected

Back