free website stats program Help!!!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Help!!!!

glazier

I need some expert advise. My 2013 FLHTK just started running rough. Coughing and sputtering and popping through the mufflers. We rode 800 miles July 4th weekend and everything was fine. Rode this past weekend and its now screwing up. Almost felt like it was gonna stall at 75 mph. A few months ago I did a stage I with SE hi flow a/c, new slip ons, and a Dobeck EJK 3.0. It ran fine since until last weekend. I tried adjusting the tuner but no difference. I disconnected it and still runs bad. Engine light not coming on but checked for codes and the only ones there were for the O2 sensors, which are disconnected with the EJK installed. Checked spark plugs and they look real good. Air filter still looks brand new. Oil level good. Recently changed. Bike starts right up and idles good, but no good at all on the road. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Might have to take it to the dealer, but I'm afraid they're gonna try to tell me warranty is void because of after market tuner.
WAP.gif

Clear the codes, did you just gas up? Try some Seafoam?
The Dobeck would have to be proven to cause the problem to void the warranty

Already cleared the codes. Havent tried seafoam yet but i will. Gassed up three times since it started messing up. Is it possible the Dobeck did cause something to screw up???
WAP.gif

Remove the ground wire from the tuner to your battery and see if it runs better. Your Gen3 may have gone bad.

Remove the Dobeck unit, completely, and put her back to the ECM. Many potential causes but sounds electrical to me. Could be ECM gone south, injector wires loose, injdectors gone south, etc. Is it a TBW bike? If so, there's another potential source.

Sounds like a fuel pressure problem

Worth checking.:s I lean toward electrical because that was the last modification to the bike which is where I would start. However, the problem certainly could be fuel related.:D

Remove the Dobeck unit, completely, and put her back to the ECM. Many potential causes but sounds electrical to me. Could be ECM gone south, injector wires loose, injdectors gone south, etc. Is it a TBW bike? If so, there's another potential source.

Bike is a 2013. Definitely TBW. My bet is still on the tuner going south

Thanks for the replies. I've disconnected the ground wire from tuner and reconnected the O2 sensors, and no difference. I'm thinking fuel pressure related. When it starts screwing up on the highway, if I give it more throttle it seems to do better but just for a little bit. It might go 20 miles just fine, and then sputter quite a bit. And yes, it's tbw.
WAP.gif

Back