free website stats program help with stage 1 set up | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

help with stage 1 set up

well got a great deal from dobeck and now am waiting for the dobeck 1254st and arlen ness stage 1 to arrive thanks all for your assistance.

well got a great deal from dobeck and now am waiting for the dobeck 1254st and arlen ness stage 1 to arrive thanks all for your assistance.

We're gonna want a report to see how it worked for you! Collectively, we will insist.

Can't see any reason you won't like it, but, we'll still need a report.

Have Fun!

Cheers!

I was going to originally take pics of my install, but it installed so easy I completely forgot, lol, you will very much notice and enjoy the difference. Congrats.

well recieved my dobeck and my arlen ness big sucker but due to work schedule will not be able to install it until friday, i will keep everyone updated. also will be then riding from nyc to washington dc and back on sunday (weather permitting) so should be able to give a good report of any pos or neg results (will be about 4hrs each way plus riding around town there)

well installed the dobeck 1254st today and the install was quite easy and straight forward. i did try to adjust the settings but prob read too much into it and tried to make a lot of minr adj took bike out for a short ride and did seem to pick up nice. did notice the idle rpm's were a little higher than before the install and almost felt as if too high, i did notice as i did get stuck in traffic that the bike felt as if it wanted to stall out once or twice when the rear cylinder cut off but i did connect the one with the 2 red leads to the front cylinder. well i put all the settings back to where dobeck recommended and it did run ok still and seems to have a little more power on take off. have not had a chance to take her out on the highway to really open her up. i still notice the idle rpm's are higher than before and might lower the first setting down just a little more. i will be riding from nyc to washington dc on sunday which will be about 4hrs each way so should really be able to tell everyone more about how shes doing by then

well made a 520 mile round trip with the new 1254st installed and i was shocked when i gassed up and the remaing fuel mileage read 282 miles lol but after about 125 miles when the other guys needed fuel i decided to top off again and this time was a more modest 252. the bike ran better than without it but i think i need to adjust it a little more. i dont think i tweeked it completely just put it at the recommended settings. i did notice alot more power on take off as well as when accellerating and i seem to get a little more mileage per tank full but definately notice a slight decrease in mileage when in stop and go traffic but prob because kept opening it up to hear the slightly louder deeper exhaust lol i know i need to do a little tweaking with the settings because i do have a dec pop that i did not have before. i will try to adj the settings a little more if it stops raining up here and am planning another 400 plus trip this weekend again weather permitting of course and will post any new news

LINESIDER HERE.JUST WANTED TO GIVE A FRESH UPDATE ON THE DOBECK GEN 3,NOT MANY NEW THREADS HERE.6/5/16 TWO THUMBS UP TO DOBECK.GREAT PRODUCT,EASY INSTALL AND AJUSTABILITY.HAVE 2011 FAT BOY KLOCK WERKS 3.5'' WFB MUFFLERS 1.75'' BAFFELS.AND HD SE AIR BOX.I RODE 100 MILES ON NEW PLUGS,WITHOUT TOUCHING SETTINGS ON GEN 3.BIKE RAN GREAT IN ALL ASPECTS,BUT STILL A LITTLE LEAN.PLUGS WHERE STILL VERY WHITE AND EXHAUST HAD VERY LITTLE SOOT.TALKED WITH DOBECK TEK AND HE MADE SOME RECOMENDATIONS ON GOING UP ON GREEN FUEL .5 AT A TIME.FINAL RESULS ARE 4 ON GREEN 3 ON YELLOW AND 3 ON RED.DID NOT CHANGE ANY OF THE 3 SWITCH POINTS,LEFT THEM ON DOBECKS STAGE 1 SETTINGS.ALL IN ALL BIKE RUNS A BIT COOLER AND RICHER,WITH FINALLY SOME COLOR ON THE PLUGS.OTHER THAN PURE WHITE.HAVE TO SAY THIS IS A DIFFERENT BIKE THAN WHAT IT WAS.RUNS ABSOLUTLY AWESOME,FROM IDLE TO FULL THROTTLE PERFORMANCE.THE SHIFT POINTS ON EXCELERATION SEEM TO BE 25% FASTER.A LOT DIFFERENT FROM STOCK,TAKES A LITTLE BIT GETTING USE TO.SHE SPINS UP REAL FAST NOW.MPG TAKES A HIT HERE,BUT I NEW THAT GOING IN.YOU CAN'T HAVE IT ALL,LOST ABOUT 5 MPG.IF YOU CAN'T LIVE WITH THAT,THEN YOU WILL JUST HAVE TO STAY STOCK.AND WATCH THE ONE'S THAT DID IT. BLOW BY YOU,HA,HA. HOW THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU HD RIDERS OUT THERE.KEEP THE WIND IN YOUR FACE AND THE CAGES BEHIND YOU.MIKE......

Back