free website stats program Help please! Fuel priming issue | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help please! Fuel priming issue

I have no idea how a hole in the fuel line would affect oil pressure? I highly doubt a sensor would do it. But, the hissing will stop once the pressure in the line dissipates. When you start the bike, the pump is now pressurizing the line and the hissing will begin.

Well the fuel and oil pressure problem are not related. Turns out I think I just got some bad gas because I've rode 3,000 miles last week with no problems. Not saying that my fuel pump isn't going bad but it's working at this time. Only 5k miles on the bike. I think the oil pressure problem is just the fact that I changed the oil before I left for bike week and it acted differently then the oil that was in there. Or maybe the filter was a different filter that is restricting the flow more so than before until the oil reaches optimum temps. ??? Everyone I talked to so far said that my pressures are regular and there is nothing to worry about. I'm a little bit of a worry whart when it comes to my bike. My buddy said he's disconnecting all of my gauges because I worry too much:). I just like to take care of my toys. I will def. take bubbies advice and will be trying some different oils the next time I change them.

Sometimes when a issue arises and it is unfounded you become extra curious to all those extra nuances that are nothing.

Back