free website stats program Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! I want a Street Glide and she wants an Electraglide Classic

I've never ridden without footpegs and the heel toe shifter is tough to get used to.

I'm not sure if you have already noticed this but the heel shifter can be adjusted. It is on a spline shaft. Just loosen it's connection and lower it a notch or two and it is so much more user friendly.

Also, they make a cover (35471-05) to go over the end of the shifter shaft where the heel-shift lever can be completely removed. That way, you don't end up starting from a stop sign, putting your left foot up on the board, stepping on the heel-shift lever and inadvertently up-shifting. It gives you the ability to change your foot position on the left board more also. There is also a folding heal-shift lever (33876-07) where the shift peg folds back along the primary cover out of the way of your heel.

I use the folding heel shifter,it is exellent on long trips, you can kick it back and move your feet around

Too many years on bikes without the heel shifter. I don't like it and will use the kit mentioned to delete it.
How hard is it to remove the fairing to install an aftermarket marine radio?

Here are pics of the bike. Two bikes for one. We like it so far.

Attachments

• electraglide 001.jpg
    electraglide 001.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 85
  • electraglide 002.jpg
    electraglide 002.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 93
Thanks. We work our tails off and need some down time to blow off steam.
I'll miss my FXD and Tammy loved the Sportster.Neither were real comfortable on the highway.
If I never do anything else I plan on riding to the Keys next winter.Wait til you see the fishing rod holders mounted to the bike. :) Jim

how hard is it to make the trunk removable on the classic?

jim and tammy, i have just inquired about a removable tour pak kit for my classic, from tri county harley the removable bracket, docking kit and lock would be $243 and some change, ask for jenni. Iwant to do this so when i'm riding back and forth to work through out the week i can make my bike look alot more like the street glide and then when the wife and i ride i cn put the tour pak back on.

Wait til you see the fishing rod holders mounted to the bike. :) Jim
Be carefull, some of those big tarpon can pull your scoot right off the kickstand.

For the ultimate R.U.B., I saw a mount for your bike that can hold a set of golf clubs. In case they won't fit in the trunk of your Lambrogini?

I'm a bit confused. You ask about the Streetglide and the Electra Glide Classic, but your pics are of the Electra Glide Standard. Oh well.

Well, it seems to me that most people end up not taking the Tour Pak off anyway after having it on, so I would have to agree with most to go with the Ultra. If you wear helmets, the intercom system is a pretty nice feature, along with all the other items you get.

Back