free website stats program Help! HD shop is stumped | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! HD shop is stumped

Great day! Thanks again to all who responded. HD shop found the problem and it wasn't anything they did. They tested wires from front to back, sometimes getting a break in the circuit, sometimes not (my language, not theirs, ha). Finally, they pulled a group of wires running along the left side of the frame, under the seat. They found two completely chafed wires, which were initially protected from the frame/oil tank by chafing tape (I now have the chafing tape, worn through, as a souvenir).
I apologize for my description being rather non-technical. I am so dang happy to have my bike back! Thanks again to all.
Peace,
Max

Thanks for getting back to us and happy to hear you're back in the wind. Send a couple dozen doughnuts to the service dept. and a thank you letter to the dealership. next time they will treat you like a king.

Great news!!!!! Just curious if they charged you for tracking it down & repairs, since it must have been non related to anything they did.

Yes! All is right with the world, got my bike back...
Glazier- nope, they didn't charge a thing. Service mgr and I had a long chat about various things yesterday when I went out there, with donuts. I got a bit more detail on the fix and though I still feel good about it, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that area.
About to get in the wind for the day!
Peace,
Max

Yes! All is right with the world, got my bike back...
Glazier- nope, they didn't charge a thing. Service mgr and I had a long chat about various things yesterday when I went out there, with donuts. I got a bit more detail on the fix and though I still feel good about it, I'm gonna have to keep an eye on that area.
About to get in the wind for the day!
Peace,
Max

We should all be so lucky. Problem was found before it left you on the side of the road, or worse burnt the bike down. Sounds like you have a friend not just a business associate. You have a dealership that stuck with it and didn't charge for it! You're back in the wind!!:bigsmiley8::bigsmiley8:

Back