free website stats program Help! HD shop is stumped | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! HD shop is stumped

Tell them to pull the taillight assembly and check the wires where they go through the fender. 04-07 had a lot of problems with the grommet disintegrating and the wiring shorting.

Good advice, Steve07. I'm not positive, but I think the shop has looked closely at that area. I will check to make sure though!
Max

I feel your pain! That is why I am learning how to maintenance my own bike! So that way I will know what I DID!

I hope they will fix the problem sooner then you will be riding again! :newsmile024:

what is involved for the 30 k service?

Here it is, but you will need to copy it to your computer and then change the file extension name from .pdf to .mdi

Microsoft office (microsoft document imaging) will then read it.
I know, I know. It's all because of the rules about file size uploads, locked PDF files and calling mdi an invalid file type..

Attachments

• Softail_PM.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
Oh! tech2 - the service work that HD should perform at 30,000 miles includes:
Changed oil, primary oil and tranny (I've been running synthetic since 5k). New spark plugs, oil filter.
Also a gasket service kit. They apparently inspected oil lines, brake system, air cleaner, tighten spokes, check
clutch adjustment, rear belt and sprocket. Check adjust and lubricate throttle, brake and clutch controls. Check fuel lines
and fittings, check brake fluid, pads. Electrical equipment, idle speed. Adjust and lubricate steering head bearings.

One easy issue is pinching a wire when lubing throttle and clutch cables.

Good luck,
Rich P

I would have them check the wires under the rear fender. All it takes is bottoming out once or twice to perhaps rub through the harness under there and create an issue with the turn signals. Not saying you've done it but you never know who's road tested the bike while being serviced. Of course they'd probably blame hidden damage like that on you :(
WAP.gif

Back