free website stats program Help choosing first bike | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help choosing first bike

I think you and your wife would be very happy with the electra glide, the fairing blocks alot of the wind, rain etc. radio is nice for long rides, tour pak for extra luggage and a great back rest for the wife, my wife loves it her back don't hurt anymore after we go for a long ride like it used to with our other Harley we had that only had a backrest. You will also have all of your gauges right infront of you for easy viewing. Also my electra glide came with a security system, so for the money I feel the electra glide is the better investment. Got all I wanted and don't have to add anything. I rode mine to Milwaukee last august for the 105th 11 hours straight and got off and didn't have an ache anywhere and I am the same age that you are, very comfortable bike. Road Kings are a nice bike also , its a tuff decision but really you and your wife have to make that one its your money that you will be spending.

I appologize to your wife in advance but I am voting for the Road King. I too had never ridden before I got the bug and my first bike was a Dyna Street Bob and it was a blast even though some felt I ought to get a smaller bike to "practice with." I figured I would be riding a Harley so for better or worse I ought to learn on a Harley. I now have my dream bike, Softail Deluxe and haven't looked back. Oh, and despite her initial concerns my wife loves the Softail too, so there is hope that yours may come around to the RK too! Good Luck and enjoy.

Back