free website stats program Help, can't get my wheels clean.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help, can't get my wheels clean....

Found the Gel Gloss today at home depot.. about $6.50.

But I am confused... someone wrote SPAM to clean the wheels, and smeone wrote PAM.... was SPAM a typo? *I can see myself rubbing the wheels with lunch meat in a can, cuz someone on the internet said too!* must drive the dogs in the neighborhood crazy!

Once I get mine real clean, I will go over them with the Gel Gloss....

I would take it to be PAM instead of SPAM. As you mentioned above, I really couldn't imagine anyone rubbing luncheon meat on the wheels.:D

I would take it to be PAM instead of SPAM. As you mentioned above, I really couldn't imagine anyone rubbing luncheon meat on the wheels.:D

It might seem silly, but then again, the first time someone said to "PLEDGE" a Harley, I am sure someone misunderstood that too! :D

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the same thing.... mystery meat cleans wheels!!!

I have a aluminum Fat Boy rear disc rim on my Wide Glide. I myself use Simple Green Extreme clean in the blue bottle. It works well, I don't know if it is good, but sometimes I just spay a little on a rag and wipe the rim down and polish it dry. It seems to shine real nice. It also works real good at removing dirt. I also use it on the forks and other places that have bugs and stubborn dirt.

Link
Extreme Simple Green Precision Equipment Degreaser

I have a aluminum Fat Boy rear disc rim on my Wide Glide. I myself use Simple Green Extreme clean in the blue bottle. It works well, I don't know if it is good, but sometimes I just spay a little on a rag and wipe the rim down and polish it dry. It seems to shine real nice. It also works real good at removing dirt. I also use it on the forks and other places that have bugs and stubborn dirt.

Link
Extreme Simple Green Precision Equipment Degreaser

Funny you mentioned Simple Green BLUE (for precision equipment)... I use that for the whole bike! It is about a buck more than regular SG, and it does WONDERS for the underside of the bike. I think it works as well (if not better) than S100... and it is less expensive. I also got a boat buddy of mine hooked on it (it works great at the waterline).

Funny you mentioned Simple Green BLUE (for precision equipment)... I use that for the whole bike! It is about a buck more than regular SG, and it does WONDERS for the underside of the bike. I think it works as well (if not better) than S100... and it is less expensive. I also got a boat buddy of mine hooked on it (it works great at the waterline).

Kinda funny Simple Green BLUE...it works good as a cleaner, never thought to use it on the bike...will give it a shot! :57:

---------- NEWHD74FAN edit/added post 4 minutes and 28 seconds later ----------

10 miles from the coast :( there are times i wish i lived near the coast but the salt in the sea breeze over here would eat my bikes alive

Actually, we do not get the salt air, mainly because Camarillo is surrounded by hills and basically has an air conditioned "micro-climate"...we do not get the fog from the ocean (like Oxnard & Ventura) nor the heat from inland (like Thousand Oaks) to the west or the North (like Santa Paula)...kinda the best kept secret in California, where there are plenty of great twisty roads and places to go riding all around us...:D

Last edited:
Back