free website stats program Help! 37 miles and it won't start!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Help! 37 miles and it won't start!!

The same thing happened to my fiances 2007 Sportster 1200L with only a little over 100 miles on it. Harley hasnt issued a recall yet but many more bikes will be affected.

sorry i didnt know that there was tow pages of post. sorry bout that. happy to see you are back on the road. just wish i was still waiting on my heads to come back

Hey Dan, no problem at all.

What are you doing to the heads and who's doing it?

Give us some info, inquiring minds have to know.:D

WELL I WAS RIDING A LITTLE HARD THREE WEEKS AGO AND I MISSED A GEAR. WELL I THOUGHT I FLOATED THE PISTON AND IT HIT THE PLUG. NOT THE CASE I PUT A NEW PLUG IN IT DROVE ABOUT 150 MILES AND THEN IT SOUNDED LIKE ALL HELL BROKE LOOSE IN THE MOTOR. I TOOK IT OVER TO THE DEALER AND THEY TOOK THE TOP HALF OFF. WELL THEY CALLED ME AND SAID YOU HAVE TO COME LOOK AT THIS RIGHT AWAY. WHEN I GOT THERE THEY SHOWED ME A BROKE PISTON AND A WHOLE LOT OF BROKEN PIECES OF PISTON RING STICKING OUT OF THE HEADS. SO I WANTED TO KNOW MY OPTIONS AND 2500 DOLLARS LATER I HAVE A LOT MORE ENGINE. HE TOLD ME I WILL PROBABLLY BE PUSHING 1335-1350 CCs. SO LONG STORY SHORT YOU MISS A GEAR IT MAY COST 2500.

Dan

That kind of thing hurts when the engine comes apart and you see the pieces.

You'll like the additional power when it's done.

The same problem happened to my 07 1200 C last night. I called the dealer and they picked it up this morning. The bike only has 500 mikes on it so I'm pretty frustrated about this.

The person from the dealer that picked the bike up said he has seen this problem with the 07 Sportster about 3 times already. He mentioned some type of recall that the dealers are aware of but hasn't been announced.

Please let us know what it is so I can post it in the tech tips for other members with the same experience as you both are having.

Thanks

Fuel pressure regulator o-rings and castle-nut were a source of the problem for this condition of a no start. The dealers have been notified about this by the MOCO and should have you up and running in no time.

Back