free website stats program Helmets? | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets?

Here in Canada it is required by law .Same with seat belts .I would like to have a choice RE: helmet, but I don't .

A Helmet protects you, but it doesn't keep you safe. In may of 2006 I had a car turn left into me as I was going straight though an intersection. We hit hard enough to total the car. I was wearing a "novelty" helmet, so was my wife. The impact on from the car on my head was enough to break the clip on the chin strap and crack the shell. My head was FINE My wifes head was also protected by the "novelty" helmet. I feel if you hit hard enough that light weight helmet doesn't stand up they it doesn't matter what your wearing.....your prolly gonna break your neck.
I also live in a state where it's the LAW but live 10 miles from one where it isn't.
I DO BELIEVE WE SHOULD HAVE A CHOICE!! But the fact of life is that we all have choices...and consequences for every choice we make.
My folks taught me that when I real young.
BTW. I was also in a head on collision(65 mph on the highway) not wearing a seat belt, but lied to the who asked if I was wearing one.(If I said no I would of gotten a ticket right there on the spot). He said good thing, if you weren't, you'd be dead right now.
KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN AND THE SHINY SIDE UP!!!! RIDE SAFE! HELMET OR NO!

Back