free website stats program Helmets? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets?

I never leave home without my helmet, got to protect what little brains I have left.Glad most states have laws that protect us from ourself as well as others.
You're joking right? You want someone to protect you from yourself?

Boy I hope you don't like soda, fried foods, cigarettes, or alcohol. They're next on the list of things to take from us to protect us from ourselves.

my friend makes me wear a helmet when I am with him.I fuss and throw a fit, but he insist.
Very scarey, if they was to take my smokes I would die,I think.I light one up and remember I already have one light.

They say we got to wear them so I do, on my seatbelt that is another issue.I can never remember to put it on till I pass a cop.I suddenly remember then, and when I have passengers, I remember then as well.Can't just think of myself then.

I am not a huge fan of wearing a helmet but I always wear one. I have seen too many motorcylce accidents back in the day that the people would have lived if only they wear wearing a helmet so I would rather not take more of a risk then I already am, just riding a bike.

Here it is a must legally and I see no problems at all seen too many ugly accidents before to even want to argue on that one.Everyone here I guess just goes along with it they haven't really said one way or the other if they don't like being made to wear one.

I live in a state that does require a helmet. However, I would have to admit that I have ridden several times without one. I do agree that they are a very good protective device. And I should do a better job using mine. I just can't get comfortable in them. I have tried several and I just can't get used to them. I would say I probably wear one 50% of the time I ride.

I too live in a state that requires a helmet but I can't help but love the thrill when I go somewhere that doesn't have a law. It's a feeling of complete freedom when you ride without the helmet.

Our state also has a seat belt law and no helmet law which confuses me as well. I really think that it should be the other way around. Cars are a lot safer than bikes in my opinion, even though I would prefer a bike to a car on any given day. With that said, I always wear my helmet.

Helmets are the law here so it is what we have become accustomed to around here. I guess it is just an automatic thing and i really do not even think about it any more. If you do not wear one they will spot you in a minute and the fine is huge so what can we do?

Helmet law here also!! We would be nailed instantly if we were out without one. I guess when it is the law you are just used to it and i know we never even give it a second thought, just put it on and ride. it is like automatic for us.

Back