free website stats program Helmets | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmets

Try a Shark Evoline if you want a helmet that has several options ie: full face with locking chin bar, full shield, drop shade and open face.

I have one a find it is a good helmet to travel with as you can sure experience extremes in weather etc from hot to cold, windy to calm:small3d036:

I bought a 3/4 Harley Davidson Helmet with a sun visor that slides down and a clear shield you can flip down. Not sure who makes the helmet, it is light the only negative is that it is noisy.

I have a half helmet by Outlaw and a full-face HJC IS-16.

I usually wear the full-face for the protection factor, but when it gets super hot and I am only making small trips, I wear the half along with some shatter-proof glasses.

Yup, several options and there isn't one that does all things well.

Expensive carbon fiber light weight helmets help keep neck fatigue in check but, at the expense of wind and road noise.

Flip up modulars give you good weather protection and let you keep your lid on for a fill up and chew on a bit to eat or have a coffee. But, they don't offer the same frontal impact protection as a full face.

A DOT Beannie offers the minimal legal protection but, lets you experience the most of the outside elements.

That's why I have 3 different helmets.

Cheers.

I have owned my 2010 FXDC since June of this year and it is my first bike. I picked up an HJC basic black full face for 80 bucks and it works fine. I ride the highway most of the time and with 4 months of riding on the bike commuting to work I have been hit by many rocks to the front of the helmet. Many of them leaving decent gouges in the plastic. Can't even imagine what that would feel like on my bare skin. That being said I like the looks of my bike without a windshield....just bare and stripped down look appeals to me so I will stick with the full face because of my style of riding. If I road a bike with a windshield I might consider a skid lid. It depends on what type of riding you do I guess. A buddy of mine rides a road king with no widshield on the highway with a skid lid......have no idea how he takes takes the bugs and road debris to his face but it is his choice.

I have an HJC half, but it looks like a mushroom, but a good helmet and it's DOT. A friend has a HCI carbon fiber half that is DOT approved and it looks great, very low profile for a DOT lid, but 120.00 compared to 50.00 for the HJC.

Back