free website stats program Helmet/Visor suggestions from those that wear them.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet/Visor suggestions from those that wear them..

I also like the nolan, I bought one and had issues with fitment so I sent it back, the one thing I noticed the one ride I took with it was that with the shield in the up position the ride was brutal, with the evoline, the shield rattles a little but its tolerable at low speeds (I have a pretty short windshield on my ultra). Otherwise that was also an awesome helmet

The ride was brutal with the Nolan with the shield up? What do you mean by brutal? (I have a two windshieds from my ultra and the short one is on now for the summer)

With the evoline, I would think that I would use that in high heat days by keeping the shield down, by having the lower "jaw protection" flipped around to the back of the helmet, out of the way. Perhaps you are talking about a different Evoline model? Or, is it this same model, but just you assessment of the visor being up or down?

I also like the nolan, I bought one and had issues with fitment so I sent it back, the one thing I noticed the one ride I took with it was that with the shield in the up position the ride was brutal, with the evoline, the shield rattles a little but its tolerable at low speeds (I have a pretty short windshield on my ultra). Otherwise that was also an awesome helmet

The ride was brutal with the Nolan with the shield up? What do you mean by brutal? (I have a two windshieds from my ultra and the short one is on now for the summer)

With the evoline, I would think that I would use that in high heat days by keeping the shield down, by having the lower "jaw protection" flipped around to the back of the helmet, out of the way. Perhaps you are talking about a different Evoline model? Or, is it this same model, but just you assessment of the visor being up or down?

sorry if I wasn't clear, I tried the nolan for 1 ride, I had it in all the configurations, I am running an 8" fastair shield, so its short, with the face shield up on the Nolan helmet the wind got under it and pulled my head back and really shook me up

On the Evoline series 2 the clear outer shield doesn't flip up the same way it follows the contour of the helmet more so that in the up position it doesn't grab as much wind, but it rattles a little. I have been riding it with the jaw protection up and down and the weight is pretty balanced either way, I got caught in a rainstorm and had to keep the shield closed to keep the water out and it was very dry inside the helmet (I would imagine when I put the stock one on for the winter I could crack it open and stay dry).

I have about 3k on the bike using the evoline in different scenarios and I really have come to love it, I can't comment on how heavy it is because I always wore a cheap non dot helmet.

hope this clears up the confusion

I have a Scorpian EXO 100. Great helmet, zip in ear flaps, retractable shield that stores inside the helmet. Strap has a snap so no annoying end of strap flapping around and the ear pads are preped for ear buds for you MP3.
kemo

I have to say, I really liked full face helmets UNTIL the HD Sporty I ride now, found 1/2 Helmet with properly fitted goggles (I wear prescription lens) makes fair weather riding a memorable experience.

HDCarbonFiberHelmet.jpg

My primary 1/2 helmet is carbon fiber HJC made for Harley, and yes, you fit by checking the open stock at ALL motorcycle stores, be they HD, Metric or Indy's checking ALL brands, styles and types. Only way I can see buying a personal thing like a helmet. Good Hunting...

One of my 1/2 helmets has a snap on visor that i have taken off. I have a snap on faceshield that I put on when it rains or is below 35 degrees.
I also have a 1/2 Helmet with both a visor and face-shield (for Rain). The issue I have is with the Face-shield, it catches the wind and has a tendency to push my head to either the left or right...causes neck pain after awhile :(. I have a shorty shield on my Fairing, so I do not have much protection up front.
With the visor, I get updraft :(.

I like the shorty shield up front, so I think I will have to get a second 3/4 helmet and just add a shield to it.

I have several that hurt my head after a half hour or so. I have an Arai Corsair V full face which I love. Made for oblong heads like mine. Rides all day in complete comfort. Just found 2 more vents on face shield that match up w/ slots in helmet. With all vents open and moving it is very cool (silver color). In traffic I raise visor and it stays up. With all vents closed and chin spoiler pulled down, very warm in the cold. Very expensive though. Just installed mic & ear speakers last week and works great w/CB etc.
WAP.gif

I use a 3/4 helmet 90% of the time in the summer. My full face Fulmer Modular feels to confining. BUT, when we took a ride to N.J. last year we rode in a downpour and that full face Fulmer with the face shield up kept the rain off of my prescription glasses beautifully! My buddy who was just wearing riding glasses said he couldn't see the road and that he had to follow me until we got off the highway safely. I think I would never be without that helmet ever again if we were to do another long trip for that very reason. Not to mention it is a heck of a lot better constructed that my 3/4 helmet!

Back