free website stats program Helmet Lock or Gear Cable? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Lock or Gear Cable?

I use a " Helmet Gaurdian" it's a bracket that mounts behind the license plate and has a keyed lock on each end. I hang a helmet on one side and then use a small diameter plastic/rubber coated cable that I run through my jacket sleeve and lock it to the other end of the H.G. bracket.

I use a small padock and put it through the D ring on the helmet and the luggage rack on the tour pack. The helmet rests on the luggage rack. Dropped the lock on the tour pack and chipped the paint. I now have electrical tape around the padlock to protect the paint from me dropping the lock. Use to carry a 4-foot covered cable to lock my jacket ot the bike now the jacket goes in the tour pack.

I'm curious how boots can be locked to the bike.

I have a little cable lock that self stores. It pulls out to about 36 inches you can loop it through jacket sleves and helmet D rings to something on the bike. Just something to slow someone down. We usually only use it at rallys and such. I have also used it to lock my boots to the bike when i slip on walking shoes.

Mattman

Where would I find something like this. Sounds exactly like what I'm looking for.

I use a " Helmet Gaurdian" it's a bracket that mounts behind the license plate and has a keyed lock on each end. I hang a helmet on one side and then use a small diameter plastic/rubber coated cable that I run through my jacket sleeve and lock it to the other end of the H.G. bracket.

I had one of these on my FJR1300, real nice, but the helmet hung right on my HOT exhaust. Made for a funky smelling helmet after a bit. I'll have to look into this on the Ultra however.

Helmet lock or Gear Cable...honestly either will do the deed just fine. Purely a matter of convenience and need. For $9.99 there are T metal inserts that can slip thru D-ring of more than one helmet (so only one lock/cable is needed). The chrome HD helmet lock is convenient and easy for solo and with that extension works.

If you use padlock with long double eyed coated aircraft cable, I use disc lock and secure riding jacket(s) as well (I wind the cable on padlock around my tool bag) and works for longer unattended parking.

For an alternative mounting point, I have a small, vinyl coated coiled cable that I run down through the hole in the seat where the backrest mounts. I have a backrest so I used one of the holes in the bracket that mount to the rear fender. The coated cable doesn't scratch the seat and it is a nice pressure fit, tucked down inside.

Back