free website stats program Helmet Lock or Gear Cable? | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet Lock or Gear Cable?

Scrounger

Looking for some ideas on what to buy and where to mount a helmet lock on my Ultra. I generally have a ton of camera gear in the tour pak so I need another way to secure my helmet and maybe even a jacket to the bike. Looked at the bike and I'm not sure where I would mount a traditional helmet lock.

How about a lock that is wide enough that it will go around the saddle bag guard or the rack on the tour pak. Then tru the D rings and presto no loss of helmet.

I bought a lock with a coated 1/4 inch cable in place of the shackle. Keep it in the saddle bag. Simple fast and secure mounting around the crash bar. I think the Home Depot might carry these.

I have my Helmet lock mounted on top left side horizontal of my crashbar.

Same here w/my 09 Street Glide - bought HD's lock for $18 & put on top Left crash bar because then the helmet leans away from the bike when on stand. Of course this doesn't work if you have lowers.

I just hang my helmet on the mirror, of course I have a really ugly helmet so never had a problem. One of my buddies mounted a couple of chrome eye bolts under his tour pack, almost invisible, but handy.

I bought two HD helmet locks and installed them on the front vertical portion of the saddlebag crash bars. The "D" rings on my wife's and my helmets slip into the lock (one on each side) and the helmets rest securely on the passenger floorboards. Works like a charm

I usually wear a full face helmet and i just put a chqain lock through the front wheel and through the helmet

Brian

I have a little cable lock that self stores. It pulls out to about 36 inches you can loop it through jacket sleves and helmet D rings to something on the bike. Just something to slow someone down. We usually only use it at rallys and such. I have also used it to lock my boots to the bike when i slip on walking shoes.

I bought a lock with a coated 1/4 inch cable in place of the shackle. Keep it in the saddle bag. Simple fast and secure mounting around the crash bar. I think the Home Depot might carry these.

Same here. I rarely use it though... Got mine at Lowes.

Back