free website stats program Helmet exemption | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Helmet exemption

My exemption is because of my migraine headaches which get worse from wearing a helmet. Thanks for the link Chopper. Your idea would be great because I have a lot of face to wash and it wouldn't take much to get rid of the last little bit! Just need the DOT sticker and a reflector now.

Sorry about your medical condition, a close friend gets migraines and I have seen how she suffers.

It must be a real problem riding without the helmet, getting pulled over constantly and having to explain!

Sorry about your medical condition, a close friend gets migraines and I have seen how she suffers.

It must be a real problem riding without the helmet, getting pulled over constantly and having to explain!

I only get stopped by 1 in 25 cops here. When I'm riding I forget or don't feel my headaches but it's back 10 minuets after I stop. Good reason to keep riding!

Maybe you are hitting on the reason for the migraines...fresh air, water hydration, exercise and cooler temperatures definitely are pluses from riding. May want to try adding these to your daily regimen to help relieve symptoms. Could be the combination, not one individual thing.

Geezer, as far as I know it's law to wear a helmet in all provinces. BUT... here in BC, anybody that wears a turban doesn't have to wear a helmet due to thier religious beliefs.

Geezer, as far as I know it's law to wear a helmet in all provinces. BUT... here in BC, anybody that wears a turban doesn't have to wear a helmet due to thier religious beliefs.

I better not comment on that!!!

Hahahaha. I just learned that in Oct. And I will continue to wear my Helmet.

Last edited:
I better not comment on that!!!

Yea,maybe you should, But I agree 100 % with what I think your not saying.

Geezer, would your ride be bringing you to Mo. If so I'll try find out if you exemption would be valid or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer, would your ride be bringing you to Mo. If so I'll try find out if you exemption would be valid or not.
Not sure. Lot's of places I want to go. The link chopper gave me has all the states and their info so I can also look there. Thanks very much for the offer.

I only get stopped by 1 in 25 cops here. When I'm riding I forget or don't feel my headaches but it's back 10 minuets after I stop. Good reason to keep riding!

Gee Geezer, that is soooo good to hear. I suffer from those awful Migranes to, but was quite surprised to see (or I guess feel) them relieved by riding!!! :bigsmiley12: Whenever I try and explain this to someone, they think I'm crazy (even bike riders)!

Hope you don't get them very much!!

CatWoman :rider

Back