free website stats program Heel rest | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heel rest

Put them on my Sporty today. They look great but I have a problem with the gear shift. The front edge of the Wing is so close to the toe peg of the gear shift that I have to kinda squeeze my foot and lift my heel to get under it to upshift. Not comfortable and certainly not easy to do quickly.....

I could rotate and angle them downwards at the front but that really detracts from their "board" quality for resting my left foot on. Other thing I suppose would be a longer gear shift lever to position the rubber an inch or two further forward from the front of the Wing.

Any thoughts Wing lovers. Am I being particularly thick today and missing something obvious????:dknow

have you tried adjusting the position of your gear shift
undo the locking bolt and pull it all the way out
pull the gearshift off its shaft rotate it clockwise 1 set of splines and secure

Brian

have you tried adjusting the position of your gear shift
undo the locking bolt and pull it all the way out
pull the gearshift off its shaft rotate it clockwise 1 set of splines and secure

Brian

Thanks Brian. I haven't tried anything but I'll give that a shot.

Last edited:
Brian has you covered, the locking bolt has to be removed completly as it provides additional interference to prevent lever from rotating, besides the serrated knurling on the shaft.

For what it's worth I have had a set of "kurkn" heel rests on my 06 fxst for a couple of years now. If you have pegs, you need them. I added a "mustache bar" at the same time and extended my ability to keep going considerably. Good luck

Back