free website stats program Headlight Upgrade | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Headlight Upgrade

A technician should only handle headlight replacement, so I wouldn't advise doing anything yourself. I accidentally broke a headlight once and then drove for days without it and only during the day, as it was dangerous in the evening because of the lack of light. I would still advise to go to a professional and use a light similar to (link removed) in new headlights. It is very soft but still illuminates enough for a comfortable nighttime drive.
Not true, headlight replacement is one of the easiest modifications you will make!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, don't drop the sucker that headlight was really expensive, as I remember almost $400

A technician should only handle headlight replacement, so I wouldn't advise doing anything yourself. I accidentally broke a headlight once and then drove for days without it and only during the day, as it was dangerous in the evening because of the lack of light. I would still advise to go to a professional and use a light similar to (link removed) in new headlights. It is very soft but still illuminates enough for a comfortable nighttime drive.

Umm, I posted this 2 years ago, but thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum

In order to keep your motorcycle safe and keep your health and pedestrians safe, there are high requirements for lighting.

Only good lighting, especially at night, will allow you to mark yourself on the road and be clearly visible. Headlights on a motorcycle is the main lighting, fog lights and light signaling.

For example, LED headlamp on a motorcycle, which many people want to buy instead of the usual headlamp, has proven to be low power consumption.

And also, you will be the center of attention, as these headlights look stylish and elegant. You'll be on the road just like this bulb https://www.vont.com/product/vont-bulb-color-smart-light-bulbs-smart-bulbs/.

Most LED conversions appear to require some sort of equalizer to be added to the bike.
Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL

I don't think that a headlight swap requires any type of equalizer, only turn signals etc. If you buy from HD, you won't need to buy any equalizers, but you will pay a lot more that Custom Dynamics, and have less choices. Not to mention a lifetime guarantee with Custom Dynamics.

Back