Headlight Upgrade

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by gator508, Jan 1, 2019.

1. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

I am planning on upgrading my stock headlight to a Day maker, my softail is an 08, has anyone done this on older bikes like mine, are there any issues. It looks very simple to swap out from the instructions.
    I appreciate ant feedback Thanks!

2. joel

joel Senior Member

When I upgraded to the daymaker headlights, night riding was so much better.
    In fact my whole riding experiance was changed, they were pricy but came with a free bike, so I went for it.
    On a more serious respone, installing the lights is a great upgrade for day any night riding.
    They will get the on comming traffics attention durring the day and whiten the whole road at night.

3. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

If you buy the unit from HD, it's plug and play, if you are going aftermarket, be sure to do your homework. They all look good, but a lot of the aftermarket units don't work so good.

4. gator508

I'm going with the HD Daymaker, I have always thought you can't have too much light, especially during the day.
    Thanks for the feedback guys:)

5. Harttoo

Harttoo Well-Known Member

If You live in the country, get the daymaker that lights the corners.It is $800,but worth it.The standard daymaker has a straight line at the top of the field of view.When You make corners,there are dark areas that You wish You could see.If You don't drive at night in the country disregard.

6. gator508

I don't live in the country nor do much night riding so I'm going with the standard and it's on sale for 10% off through January. Thanks for your input though.

7. Blue Wide Glide

Blue Wide Glide Junior Member

My daymaker has a single lead in the wiring that is connected to an LED behind the center HD emblem in the front lens. I hooked it to the spare lead in the headlight wiring designated as "international", and it works fine,

8. gator508

Just a follow up, got and installed the Daymaker headlight in my bike yesterday, going to take it out today if the weather cooperates. No problem with installation just a plug and play, sure is bright.

9. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Experienced Member Contributor

Good deal Russ, it should light you up pretty well. You'll be amazed if you do any night riding.