free website stats program Heading to Sturgis ... What to pack for parts/etc? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heading to Sturgis ... What to pack for parts/etc?

We have some friends that take long trips every year. They recently shipped their bikes out to Seattle (to save time) and flew out and rode back to Mississippi going down the west coast and across Nevada, Utah....... One of them gave us the tip to pack a tire patch kit and one of those little Slime inflators that will fill a tire in about 14 minutes. Hope we don't have to find out if it works.

On the first link, I left everything checked except for the bras, safe sex stuff, and tampons. Hope I won't actually need any of those. If I do, I'm in big trouble :bigsmiley25:

:p Stay away from Glencoe and the Buffalo Chip camp grounds and you will not need those extras:p

On the first link, I left everything checked except for the bras, safe sex stuff, and tampons. Hope I won't actually need any of those. If I do, I'm in big trouble :bigsmiley25:

This is good info and made me think of one more item........ A spare battery for your fob. My husband and I were coming home from a trip a couple of years ago and stopped for gas. His Ultra wouldn't start. I reached in my billfold and handed him my spare fob battery. Bike cranked right up after installation. Don't you know he was proud of me?!!:)

This is good info and made me think of one more item........ A spare battery for your fob. My husband and I were coming home from a trip a couple of years ago and stopped for gas. His Ultra wouldn't start. I reached in my billfold and handed him my spare fob battery. Bike cranked right up after installation. Don't you know he was proud of me?!!:)

:s Very good idea, you know what they always say behind every man is a GOOD woman, tho I think we should change that statement now as it is not polite nor is it true, I think a lot of women are smarter and more prepared than guys are when it comes to details and trip planning:D

I have a little to add to the Fob battery suggestion. Learn how to manually start your bike without the Fob. It's a small thing to learn, easy to do in case the Fob battery goes South, or, if your Fob gets lost or damaged.

Once a month or so, I'll leave the Fob in the house, (on purpose) that forces me to do a manual start without it for the day.

I had just installed the "Radio Shack" alarm buzzer, (now a whopping $7.00) when I forgot the Fob. I had jumped on the bike the next day without the Fob (unplanned) and got the warning chirps. It took me less time to remember the manual start procedure that to get the Fob from the house. Saved me a lot of grief from the neighbors.

The manual start procedure can be found in your Owners manual or, on this forum.

That, and an extra pair of reading glasses if you use them are my only suggestions.

We'll be expecting pictures!

Cheers!
Ferrous

You did not mention a this, but a side arm might come in handy. White hanky, if you break down tie it on your antenna or mirror, now everyone knows you need help. I'll be coming from Alabama. We will keep an eye out for the hanky.

:s Very good idea, you know what they always say behind every man is a GOOD woman, tho I think we should change that statement now as it is not polite nor is it true, I think a lot of women are smarter and more prepared than guys are when it comes to details and trip planning:D

Wow, Jack, you are such a gentleman! No wonder the redhead loves you!!!

Back