free website stats program Heading for Tail of The Dragon | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Heading for Tail of The Dragon

Well after checking out the webs you guys posted I may NEVER come home to Flat line So. Texas. Looks like FUN.
tourbox

Breeze3at, we will be riding the whole trip. We have to take the Interstates there because of my friends appointment. From then on scenic.
tourbox

Sounds like a good ride, have fun, be safe and post some pics when you get home
:rider

I live about 30 minutes or so from the Dragon and the rain has not let up. Forecast for the next 10 days has sunshine on 3 of them and the rest are anywhere from 30%-60% chance of rain. Then again they say if you don't like the weather then hang around for an hour or so it'll change. Moonshine 28 is a good ride as well as "the loop". Dragon over to Cherohalla and back up highway 411. Last I had heard was Cherohalla was washed out on the NC side. Smokey Mountain harley has an outpost at the start of it and they would have up to date info. Be safe and most of all have fun.

You will have a blast! The area is full of great roads and sites. I would like to recommend you make time for The Snake! It is up in the NE corner of Tennessee and I prefer it over the dragon. 489 curves, 3 mountains, 1 valley packed into 33 miles! Turns are faster than those of The Dragon, which make them more fun for me. It is the best stretch of sweepers you will find. HWY 412 It runs from Mountain City, TN to Holston Valley riding through the Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Well worth including on your trip.

Here's to a great rain free and safe trip with moderate temperatures. And great pics for us.
WAP.gif

You will have a blast! The area is full of great roads and sites. I would like to recommend you make time for The Snake! It is up in the NE corner of Tennessee and I prefer it over the dragon. 489 curves, 3 mountains, 1 valley packed into 33 miles! Turns are faster than those of The Dragon, which make them more fun for me. It is the best stretch of sweepers you will find. HWY 412 It runs from Mountain City, TN to Holston Valley riding through the Cherokee Nat'l Forest. Well worth including on your trip.

Is that a typo? Should it be 421?

Cherohala Skyway is a beautiful ride. The dragon is ok, you just stay busy hanging in the curves,, Have a safe enjoyable ride...

Back