free website stats program HD Talking Rally | Page 6 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Talking Rally

Where would be a good location for a HDT rally?

• NW Arkansas

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Memphis - blues and BBQ!

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • CO/NM/UT - mountains!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Sturgis - before/after/during the rally

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Daytona - before/after/during one of the 2 rallies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other - toss out your ideas

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have relatives in Washington and Oregon. I also have friends in Arizona and Colorado. Beautiful scenery in all 4 states along with Idaho, Montana and New Mexico. Any of them would be good with me.

NEWHD74FAN, maybe we should kick around some potential sites in the west and then put them up for a vote to see if we get any response.

Jim, I also have a sister who lives near Seattle, Washington, there were plenty of nice areas there. Matter of fact Coline & I were traveling and were trying to figure out how to haul a handcarved totem pole back...nope can't fit it on the bike...!:small3d031:

Just a thought...Folks are talking about 3 rallys, across the country. How about a single rally that crossed the entire country, and maybe back again (a BIG circle). It would start on one coast, and end on the other, and maybe go north or south and head back. This is just a modification of the 3 rallys idea, just linking them up at their ends. Get local folks to plan or suggest routes through their areas, and publish the routes. As the rally approaches you, head out to meet it, join up and ride til you go past your own home by the same amount you went out to meet it (your distances according to your time and desire), then drop out and head home. Each rider would ride a triangle, up to the rally route, join for a time, and back home. Basically, you join it at some point and drop out at another, as the rally progresses. Locals know where the good routes are, and it could be a blast.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Just a thought...Folks are talking about 3 rallys, across the country. How about a single rally that crossed the entire country, and maybe back again (a BIG circle). It would start on one coast, and end on the other, and maybe go north or south and head back. This is just a modification of the 3 rallys idea, just linking them up at their ends. Get local folks to plan or suggest routes through their areas, and publish the routes. As the rally approaches you, head out to meet it, join up and ride til you go past your own home by the same amount you went out to meet it (your distances according to your time and desire), then drop out and head home. Each rider would ride a triangle, up to the rally route, join for a time, and back home. Basically, you join it at some point and drop out at another, as the rally progresses. Locals know where the good routes are, and it could be a blast.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Very interesting and original idea! The logistics of it would be pretty tough considering how many miles and members we're talking about here. Maybe when the weather improves for the majority of the country, one of the moderators could start a new section with a title something like "Cross Country With HD Talking." Then, for example, I could post something along the lines of - "hey everyone, I'm leaving Woodstock the morning of May XX, taking 3 days to ride the Natchez Trace south to north, ending in Nashville on May XX." Then someone from the Nashville area could jump in and post a 2 or 3 day trip somewhere further north or west, whatever. Then, in theory, the trip would just keep propogating along.

Sort of like a motorcycle version of The Wave done in stadiums!

Is this sort of what you had in mind?

Tank - thanks for the info!

To be honest, I really don't see my version happening. Probably be better for one person to plan pretty much a coast to coast trip, post the itinerary with general dates and a contact number, and then have other members join in and ride along as they can.

I suggest that we solicit suggested senic and sweet rides local to themselves. I also suggest that the rides be single day rides for local riders. Folks that can cover more territory would be free to. Ultimately, it would be wise for a single person or committee to select and consolidate the rally legs. The determining characteristic would be whether or not we have enough legs and participants to cover the full rally.

I can contribute ideas to get across Arizona, and stuff to stop and see along the way. I also have some knowledge of New Mexico. Things to consider are things like fuel stops, food stops, lodging options, leg schedules, who rides point and cleanup during teh various legs, how to recognize the rally as it comes through, etc.

I'm in, and I bet I could schedule a run for my riding club for my leg. So we could contribute 20-30 scooters to our part.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back