free website stats program HD Talking Rally | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Talking Rally

Where would be a good location for a HDT rally?

• NW Arkansas

Votes: 13 17.8%
  • Memphis - blues and BBQ!

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Milwaukee

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • CO/NM/UT - mountains!

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Sturgis - before/after/during the rally

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Daytona - before/after/during one of the 2 rallies

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Other - toss out your ideas

Votes: 14 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NEWHD74FAN, maybe we should kick around some potential sites in the west and then put them up for a vote to see if we get any response.

I agree Jim B, there are a lot of great places to go and every one won't be able to go anywhere, so to pick we need to get the most popular for the most people. Hopefully this is going to be anual event so we should all get the chance to go eventually. If we do it right we could establish an informal commitee to organize a simple set of rules to guide those who will lead any functions at the rally and get local support for the gathering. This would also assist getting the word out, planning lodging/camping, etc, as well as documenting the rally so those who can't go could see some pics/video of it. I'll be there if it all works out.
Harley:newsmile082:

Having been a member of this forum for only a year or so, I am a newbie. Yet, I have gained so much knowledge from the wonderful people on here and read this site on an almost daily basis. As a retired concert and special events promoter, maybe this is my opportunity to give something back.

I would be willing to help who ever is heading up this event. My first suggestion: trying to seek concensus will just end in more and more frustration. Let peace be your guide, and simply pick a time and place and get on with the planning. Summer will be here before you know it, and there is much to do.

Having been a member of this forum for only a year or so, I am a newbie. Yet, I have gained so much knowledge from the wonderful people on here and read this site on an almost daily basis. As a retired concert and special events promoter, maybe this is my opportunity to give something back.

I would be willing to help who ever is heading up this event. My first suggestion: trying to seek concensus will just end in more and more frustration. Let peace be your guide, and simply pick a time and place and get on with the planning. Summer will be here before you know it, and there is much to do.

That's great. This is what we need, guys with talents to share in developing the event. Keep 'em coming.
Hey Steve07, hows the weather in JUne up there?

Last edited:

Knowing that the logistics and planning of any event must be a nightmare, let's see how many people have experience with this type of thing. Get some type of committee together so that the actual planning can start. I doubt that there will be a place or time that will accomodate everyone so maybe once several of the forum members who vol. for the committee can put a date out there and check availability of different sites we can all start planning to attend just like we do for Sturgis or Daytona or any of the other events we go to.

I'm all for a western meeting in California but Kettleman City has to be one of the most desolate areas in the entire state. On the other hand, due west of Kettleman City is the central California coast with some of the best scenery and riding roads in the United States. Riders from Northern and Southern California, and from other states, could get to the central coast just as easy as they could get to Kettleman City. Just a thought.

I know Kettleman City has nothing to offer:newsmile042:, been thru there a couple of times. Pick a spot and I will try to meet you there.

Last edited:
Spring Daytona or Laconia is best for me or HD plant in York Penn in August. Hope to meet you guys somewhere,someplace,sometime:cheers

I know Kettleman City has nothing to offer:newsmile042:, been thru there a couple of times. Pick a spot and I will try to meet you there.

Geezer Glide, I've had the misfortune of having been through there more than a couple of times. The only thing I can say about Kettleman City is that it puts me closer to where ever else I am going.

Please send me a private message or an e-mail and let me know where you live in California. I'll then contact NEWHD74FAN since he lives about 90 miles south of me and we can put together a meeting to discuss some possible sites in the West based on our riding experiences. If we can't arrange a meeting, then we can discuss possible sites and dates by e-mail. Of course, this offer is open to anyone else who wants to get together or e-mail regarding a meeting site and date for a meet and greet in the West.

Back