free website stats program HD Smart Charger on a Dyna? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Smart Charger on a Dyna?

I know what you mean. After looking at this post I went out and checked my Dyna. There was no notch of the battery charger cord, and you could see where the edge of the cover was slowly eating into the insulation. I notched the cover for the battery charger connection and the case for the heated clothing connection. You would think they would do better than that.

I also have a 2010 FXDC with a Pig Tail to connect to a charger (or other devices), but mine is fed through under the seat and exits on the left side just under the seat. Took my seat off the connect auxiliary cable to harness for GPS and did not see any place that was notched to fit the cable, plenty of play and not pinched.

I also have a 2010 FXDC with a Pig Tail to connect to a charger (or other devices), but mine is fed through under the seat and exits on the left side just under the seat.

That is excellent. I am sure there are a lot of ways to do it correctly depending on year and model.

I just could not believe my eyes when I saw the cable cutting through on my bike. The damage Could have been extensive (blown ECM).

Another point I forgot to say was that my pigtail tender lead had a 10 amp fuse in it! A lot of good that would have done me if my tender went nuts and shorted to "full charge".

Not ALL but some of these guys working at dealerships just have an attitude and just do not care. All they want to know is when is lunch and quitting time,,how much will you pay me and what are my benefits.

I also have a 2010 FXDC with a Pig Tail to connect to a charger (or other devices), but mine is fed through under the seat and exits on the left side just under the seat. Took my seat off the connect auxiliary cable to harness for GPS and did not see any place that was notched to fit the cable, plenty of play and not pinched.

I will be installing my Pig Tail from under the seat as you did on my 2010 FXDC! It just makes more sense that way!!!.....:worthy

Mine is attatched to the back of my AC, very good job by the Stealer IMO:s

My HD Dealer told me that I could not connect the plug in Pig Tail on the Dyna Model's battery without modifying, ie. cutting the battery case. I have a 2010 FXDC. Is this true? If not I will have to resort to the supplied alligator clips with the case removed for winter storage....
Don't get the H-D brand, just buy the Battery Tender brand as it's the same thing, but at a much lower cost.

This is the way mine is routed as well. It can actually go out either side, but I have mine going out the left as it is closer to the outlet.

Back