free website stats program HD Security System | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HD Security System

Hoop, did you route the antenna under the velcro clear of any metal like the frame? Easy mistake to do...also did you make sure the batteries are fresh (sometimes the battery that comes with may be faulty...make sure to use NIMH batteries and not NICAD's which are old technology and life span is frankly quite terrible...

Always keep a extra new battery for your FOB. Don't leave the FOB in a jacket, or whatever on you bike.( I have seen it more than once) The alarm won't activate if you do. Buy an aftermarket siren, the Harley one is weak.

I would never purchase it again. More money for usefull accessories. Unless you pay more for the upgraded siren. I think the HD security should include the siren for that price. Just my .02.

I've had the HD security system on both my '06 and my 2010. The new one is great! Completely passive; just keep the fob in your pocket and it works. The old one that required arming was a royal pain and I never used it!

Hoop, did you route the antenna under the velcro clear of any metal like the frame? Easy mistake to do....

Yes it is next to the metal Frame.,,,, I followed the instruction to the "T". They want you to stick the "Hoop" of the velcro pair to the frame, lay the antenna against it, then place the "loop" pad on top. The Antenna is Horizontal and right up against the frame. Sure seemed like something you don't want to do to me but I followed what they said to so,

Think I should try the antenna free standing & vertical,??... unless you have found a better way.

Back