free website stats program Have you planned any modifications over the winter? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Have you planned any modifications over the winter?

I have no plans for my bikes over this winter as i am pretty happy with all of them as they are at the moment but an idea may grow
However the last couple of winters have been too cold to spend time out in the bike shed or am i just getting too old

Brian

several medications...(oh, that said "modifications". my bad. really need to get new glasses) :(

LOL. You're preaching to the choir. I'm bipolar, myself, BP II to be exact. When people call me a 'crazy biker' I compliment them on their perceptiveness.

I went to the bike shop today and bought a new cover for Betty and started making plans for winter storage. The service writer told me that people have been calling all week long. They laid-off one mechanic already, and moved another service writer over to sales.

Time to make some serious decisions. I'm thinking of selling Betty outright and just buying a new 103 Fat Bob. Less chrome to polish, probably fewer injuries if I can't go so fast.

Thinking about a more comfortable chair and bigger monitor for computer. I am also going to get the largest drink cooler bottle. I think Sheetz has a 48oz
bottle. So my stay at the computer, which by the way is going to be longer, and will be more comfortable while on HDTimeline.com.

Thinking about a more comfortable chair and bigger monitor for computer. I am also going to get the largest drink cooler bottle. I think Sheetz has a 48oz
bottle. So my stay at the computer, which by the way is going to be longer, and will be more comfortable while on HDTimeline.com.

Way to go DB, I have the refreshments piped in :lolrolling

(And the bigger screen too):naughty

Yikes, that depresses me even more. I'm in the computer enough just working. I'm home now to feed the mutts, but I'll go out again later--if only to polish a cooler bike.

Winter in Wisconsin is cold and drab, lengthy periods of boredom periodically interrupted by other periods of boredom.

In the winter if I'm not at the gym or on a waterstone, I'm at the Harley shop in the breakrooom, drinking endless cups of coffee and whining about the snow. Oh, and also in the computer. I hate computers.

There is nothing wrong with taking meds if needed or getting help. I think a lot of people have baggage we have different ways of dealing with it...........or not....Just my to cents

There is nothing wrong with taking meds if needed or getting help. I think a lot of people have baggage we have different ways of dealing with it...........or not....Just my to cents

My thoughts exactly. I'm not ashamed of who I am, in fact, the superior synaptic response that BPs have gives me a real advantage in playing cards with normals. Why should anyone feel embarrassment in being BP, we don't chastise a guy for breaking his arm and seeking medical attention.

So much for my soap-box. Went down to the shop today, and even the road clothes gal said business was dead. My guess is that there are going to be numerous specials this winter. Perhaps the better thing to do would be to create a "laundry list" of possible modifications, and simply see which combination provides the greatest savings.

Back to the OP's thread, I have no mods planned. Just gas and oil.

No explanation needed there. I talked to my mechanic today, and he told me to just bring Betty in for storage. All of the possible mods have been completed and the synth doesn't need to changed if my mileage stays as is.

This same attitude seems to have overtaken the whole Harley scene. After seeing the 2012 bikes that have been released, most of us view them as only "chrome and paint," not much innovation. It's almost like even the R/D department doesn't know what to improve, either.

This same attitude seems to have overtaken the whole Harley scene. After seeing the 2012 bikes that have been released, most of us view them as only "chrome and paint," not much innovation. It's almost like even the R/D department doesn't know what to improve, either.

No need to mess with success.....

My FXDC is new. I rode her outta the showroom in Vancouver last June 2011. This black dyna is a blank canvas. That is a good thing when I got the bucks, but right now I gotta recover from the purchase. (lol) By August 2012 I have to have the following done:
Step one upgrade (your basic Screaming Eagle kit), a windshield, highway pegs (I like the center controls), risers on the mini pullback bars (dunno if 4" or 6") and some kind of easily removable saddle bag type deal.
Then there is the necasary bling stuff. This list could take years. My derby plate is bare naked. The back of the sissy bar is bare chrome with a bolt in the middle. The fenders have no trim. chrome pieces near the belt gaurd (underneath the belt, the parts there are black). My speedo is white and I want a dark black one with tachometer. You know them little "Willie Skulls" that screw onto motor bolts and such. I like them!
Harleys are so beautiful. But I can make them even beautifuler. Good luck on your mods!!!

Back