free website stats program Harley pricing never seems to amaze me. | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley pricing never seems to amaze me.

Sat on the parts at Plymouth UK HD is a motorcycle dryer, branded Screamin Eagle for the princely sum of £150 - $210USD :newsmile100:

It looks like this

tn505s3.jpg

and probably works the same. Yet I buy it as a pet dryer, and the cost is halved! Just bought one on fleabay for £41 $60USD.

Are the specs the same and will it work?

Seems just a wee bit on the expensive side but i am sure they will sell some at that price
i personally use an airline from my compressor if i want to dry the bike in a hurry it is not hot air but lots of it tends to lift the moisture fairly quickly and i paid less for the compressor and it has lots of other uses

Brian

It costs alot of money to add the H-D labels to those "Made in China" items... don't you know:newsmile100:

Harley pricing is, IMO the reason they are slowly going down. The prices they put on cloth, jackets,shirts and accessories,parts is down right crazy. If they`d cut the prices on that kind of stuff they`d sure sell a lot more. Making a little profit is better then making nothing.

Harley pricing is, IMO the reason they are slowly going down. The prices they put on cloth, jackets,shirts and accessories,parts is down right crazy. If they`d cut the prices on that kind of stuff they`d sure sell a lot more. Making a little profit is better then making nothing.

Agree with you there, cyborg. That and if they really want to sell trinkets and such it would be beneficial if they could move some of those dealerships closer to high traffic areas. Us owners may go out of our way to stop at a dealer but the regular Joe and Dianne aren't and that's who they need to attract to sell more of those trinkets and clothes.

One of the best ideas for a Harley boutique I found was in Denver during a stopover on our return from Vegas this spring. Mile High Harley-Davidson has a small store in the airport with a great selection of clothing and trinkets. It was great for me since I didn't have time to run into Denver to find a dealer.

Agree with you there, cyborg. That and if they really want to sell trinkets and such it would be beneficial if they could move some of those dealerships closer to high traffic areas. Us owners may go out of our way to stop at a dealer but the regular Joe and Dianne aren't and that's who they need to attract to sell more of those trinkets and clothes.

One of the best ideas for a Harley boutique I found was in Denver during a stopover on our return from Vegas this spring. Mile High Harley-Davidson has a small store in the airport with a great selection of clothing and trinkets. It was great for me since I didn't have time to run into Denver to find a dealer.

Roger that I have seen several airports with H D trinket shops, THE MOCO, even admits they make huge profits from the trinkets and licensing of there logo

What erks me is the clothes are from taiwan,malaysia and other 3rd world countrys !

Sat on the parts at Plymouth UK HD is a motorcycle dryer, branded Screamin Eagle for the princely sum of £150 - $210USD :newsmile100:

It looks like this

tn505s3.jpg

and probably works the same. Yet I buy it as a pet dryer, and the cost is halved! Just bought one on fleabay for £41 $60USD.

Are the specs the same and will it work?

I just use my leaf blower !

JMO but I tend to think it's the individual dealers that give the MOCO such a bad name/rap, especially on t-shirts. My local dealer (3 stores) charges ~$40.00 for a basic t-shirt, yet I've been to other dealers and paid much less. I don't know such, but the dealers must be allowed to charge a certain price for shirts and some dealers max that out, others sell them at lower prices. I've never understood why I have to pay more for a shirt that I'm going to wear around and provide free advertisement with.

Back