free website stats program Harley Mystique | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Mystique

Just what is the mystique about a Harley Davidson?

Many enjoy motorcycling, but a Harley owner simply loves to haul (edited). Harley is unique. Never to be duplicated. If you need to ask again, you’ll never get it.

Mike DuBois

THIS is my answer....:D

I couldn't agree more. I gave up riding as "too risky" while I helped raise our 3 children. Now....at age 56...I cannot believe that I denied myself the excitement and pleasure of the Harley ride and commradery all these years. Just writing this makes me wish Spring was here already!!

I never explain it, you either know or you don't know, when asked what I do for enjoyment I just say "I Ride."

There are as many reasons as riders why the "Harley Mystique" lives on. Back when I was young (seems a million years ago now) basically there were only 2 types of major riding groups on harleys the police and the outlaws. There were a few others but those 2 comprised the bulk of the MC's devoted list. You saw no commercials on TV for them and few articles. While at the same time all over the tube you were seeing "You meet the nicest people on a Honda". Alas the company floundered which brought in the AMF years (cringe). Luckily for the company and the rest of us the "boomers" decided to live out their childhood dreams and started buying. I remember that right after that happened you couldn't buy a new bike you had to go on a waiting list at your dealer! That has carried over to today and with the advancement in technologies more and more people have caught the bug. But even today you see a carry over of my time the "Bad Boy" or "Outlaw" period (Black Leather, Vests, Cuts, Patches). It allows the 9 to 5 er to dump the suit put on the leathers and probably live out part of a childhood dream if for only a weekend. How many of us have seen the old holywood B (hells angels on wheels, CC riders etc.) movies at some period in our lives and thought it would be cool to be free like that or dress like that. Well now we do to a certain extent minus the holywood hoopla and violence. But that image of the "Outlaw" lives on in our hearts and souls and has become the "Harley Mystique" and lets us become the child in all of us.

FB

P.S. For a good laugh and look at what I'm talking about see the movie "Wild Hogs"

Last edited:
Very good,It just about explains the whole enchilada,but you forgot fixing oil leaks on older bikes,stopping to pick-up parts that fall off newer bikes, retightening bolts left loose from the factory and shelling out buckets of cash to the dealers to remap(epa thing) fuel injection,buffing out scratches and swirl marks in clear coat that doesn't seem hard enough,scuffs on rear fender from the seat,and on and on and on. It's not all roses and clover!!!!! But I do love my Harley and wouldn't own any other bike.
And you can take that to the bank!!!!..............When you apply for a mortgage to buy one!!!!!!!!!!! The pirate

Back