free website stats program Harley Maintenance Manuals on CD | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Maintenance Manuals on CD

And I'm willing to bet those of us who prefer the service manual over a cd version also still subscribe to a daily newspaper instead of getting our news online.

Does anyone know where one might get a Maintenance Manual for the Touring bikes on CD? I have a 2008 FLHTCU that I would like to have the manual(s) for rather than the hard copy you can purchase from the dealer.

I have done several searches on the net but came up empty.

Any advise/help in this regard will be greatly appreciated.

Found 2 on E-Bay. one for me and one for the son-in-law. Mine was for 01 Ultra, and 07 for the son-in-law. Mine was only 14 bucks the other one was a bit higher but now bad. I just did a search on E-Bay and found them without problems. Both came from Asia somewhere, but they work fine.

Our download rules are so strict on this site because of people like the ones in Asia selling on ebay.They troll sites like this,join then download the whole manual section,set up a site and sell them.Unlike them the download section of this site was set up to help members out.Not for any personal gain and it is a shame we have had to set the requirements so high,but we have tried less stringent requirements and they just come on post fast,download and leave.So remember that when you buy these copies online.

Excellent explanation of the reason for one of the forum rules. I was not aware of this going on.

Thanks Smitty and Dr., I guess I will look on ebay/amazon and J&P Cycle to see what I can find. I tried the download area Dr and can not use this function due to not having enough posts to qualify for this function.

I am rather selective about my posts and do not make them frivilously just to increase my count so I only have about 45 or so and according to the download function you apparently can not use until you have 150 posts.

Although I log-in sometimes two to three times a day (retired), I guess I don't have much to say!! Usually in reading the posts someone has already commented same as I would have so I don't see much sense in adding mine.

Thanks anyway, I really appreciate you guys and I have learned a TON since purchasing my first HD about 2 years ago.

Hi there, some guys on EBay sell them as a download for under $10. I've never used this because I just don't trust downloading this sort of stuff. I never know if there is a virus buried somewhere inside the download so i play it safe and don't download programs from EBay traders. I also have the same opinion about the cheap manual CDs on EBay.

I rang my local dealer yesterday to see if i could buy a genuine manual from them. Their response was a bit surprising. "Oh no. We cannot sell you that because they are only for the technicians in the dealer workshops" What garbage!!!! I can buy a book/manual from EBay at any time and I can also buy one from any dealer in America at any time. Just can't understand it really. Talk about precious...

Neil
Australia

I rang my local dealer yesterday to see if i could buy a genuine manual from them. Their response was a bit surprising. "Oh no. We cannot sell you that because they are only for the technicians in the dealer workshops" What garbage!!!! I can buy a book/manual from EBay at any time and I can also buy one from any dealer in America at any time. Just can't understand it really. Talk about precious...

Neil
Australia

Another dishonest dealer!!!

Thanks to all for your responses. I did find a source and I have both the repair manual and the electrical diagnostic manual on CD. Really appreciate your input/comments/suggestions.

this is nuts dealers all over have them sitting out for you buy with all the other stuff on the floor. They sell for about 60 list and some were between 48 and 60 when you pay from it

Yep, gotta agree 100%. When i bought the bike they gave me a "Technical literature manual" with all the part numbers in it. when i mentioned this to the spare parts guy he stuttered and stammered a bit but then went right back to his original "can't help you" blurb. I always try to support my local guys as much as possible because that keeps the $ local and support jobs but if they ain't playing fair I have no hesitation in broadening my search. I Ordered one from a US HD dealer and it will be here in Australia within a fortnight.

Bah humbug!!!

Neil

Back