free website stats program Harley Davidson Museum | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Museum

I spent about 4 hours at the museum and it wasnt enough time for me, I like to read every thing. I flew in to Milwaukee to attend grandfathers funeral in Escanaba, MI, rented a street glide and rode 41 up to Menomonee Falls to check out the engine plant tour, it was pretty cool if your not too far away. I then contunued on 41 to Escanaba for the service. Then rode the extremely long way back to Milwaukee on 2 over the Macinac Bridge. 31 through Traverse City and on to Benton Harbor, 94 all the way back to Milwaukee from there.

I would plan on making it an all day affair. Take your camera and be sure to have lunch at the Motor restaurant :)

I have been to the Museum in York two times back in the late 70's and really enjoyed it. The tour was only a couple of hours then and we went thru the factory on one of the visits. The new museum in Milwaukee is on my list of things to see if I ever get up that way.

If I were going, I'd make sure to go see the bronze Fonzie statue that is said to be about a mile away from the museum.

I had plans to go this year, but I'm not sure if it's going to work out. I'm hoping to do the museum and the engine plant

I'm planning on going next year. Can't wait. From everyone that I know that has been there has said it will take you all day to really go through it. Have fun!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Spent a full day at the museum yesterday and enjoyed it very much. A couple bikes were being worked on at the 3rd floor archives and everything everywhere was first class. I recommend it to anyone who finds themselves in the area. The miller tour wasn't the best, but the beer was cold!

any members heading there give me a yell.
I do not live far from milwaukee and know the area well my office when I am there is just down the street from museum.
and the Mitchel street dones is not far away some wifes enjoy visiting there also

Smitty, do they still have the semi rolling museum? have not seen it since 1992

We've seen the site online but we are in Canada and would love to make a trip to the museum. I could see us taking at least a couple days to truly enjoy it.

Back