free website stats program Harley Buying experience | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Buying experience

Unfortunately this is a common practice. The dealer makes alot of money selling a loan through the dealer and additional money based on interest rate.
The play on your excitement of the new purchase. Once you come out of the ether and realize the advantage that was taken of you it is usually to late to change the outcome. Sooooo always try to get a loan elsewhere or in your case Plummie09 try to get a loan at the bank or the Credit Union now and chalk the slight loss of cash up to experience. Hopefully if more would do this and the dealers start seeing more charge backs for early loan pay off then they may stop this bad practice of taken advantage of customers.

i dont know if i should post this, but here goes,,in 07 when i retired i got a new 07 flhx..went to eaglemark,and got my fin. rate 3.49%,,,,
fast forward,,4 years,,,traded in that bike...got a new loan 3.9% with eaglemark. so for me was an easy rate to deal with. Paying on time and no late payments helps. later,,ryd

I decided to buy a used bagger. To heck with the new harleys and eaglemark financing. I will pay cash. Good luck to all.

Back