free website stats program Hard Starting issues | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard Starting issues

Also it will start fine if I don't let it run the diagnostics in the beginning and start it while the fuel pump is running.

I remeber when i bought my power comander the Harley tech I bought it from said they have had this exact issue with them and if they have power comanders on the bikes they are working on they dont let the ecm cycle they hit run then right to start.
U might want to call dynojet and ask them about the issue

Thanks for the reply's, I'll try to take a look at it when I get some time. I think I'm going to end up setting up a time to take it to the dealer

Well I finally got around to looking at it. All I had time to do was pull the plugs and look at them. Definitely too rich, nice carbon black powder on there. Guess I'll take it to the dealer and tell them what I found. Wish I had the money for a dyno tune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I finally got around to looking at it. All I had time to do was pull the plugs and look at them. Definitely too rich, nice carbon black powder on there. Guess I'll take it to the dealer and tell them what I found. Wish I had the money for a dyno tune.

JUST My Way:

I would take off the unit you are having trouble with and BUY a TFI to replace the other brand fueler.

I have not had or heard of problems like this with a SIMPLE to Use and Adjust TFI...

The time and $$$$$ for a dyno tune using the Fueler you have Might cost you more that the TFI in the first place...

I KNOW the TFI would Solve Your Problem.... and allow YOU the control of that TOO Rich situation.(.)

Read up on the TFI as MANY on this site swear by it Not at it.

signed....BUBBIE

Did you ever DISCONNECT the fueler and try ...???

Did you ever DISCONNECT the fueler and try ...???

No, I don't see a ground wire to disconnect. Anyways today I couldn't get it to duplicate the problem, but the fuel pump has been making a weird groaning noise when I first flip the switch to run.

but the fuel pump has been making a weird groaning noise when I first flip the switch to run.

My 2009 fuel has made some groaning noise before. I would put in a liitle SeaFoam or Marvel Mystery to lube the pump. I am pretty sure those pumps are rotary vane and it would not be so unusual for them to make some noise every now and them. I have not heard the noise in some time since I put in the lube. Give it a try.

Back