free website stats program Hard bag liners | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard bag liners

EXTREMELY useful in my opinion. Especially when traveling since you cannot just remove the hard bags to take in the room with you (without unloading first). I keep them in there all the time just to make it easy to unload the bags in one motion even when not actually on a trip...

mine came with the bike and after having them on a shelf for 6 months I finally used one of them on the trip to Biketoberfest. I only used the tour pack bag with all of my clothes and it made dismounting and checking in to the hotel a breeze.

In the morning throw bag in tour pack and take off.

Never used them on my baggers, just pack them full and ride, always kept my bags locked tho cause I always carried tools and guns:s

I have some, which came with my FLHTK. I only use the Tour Pak one for travel and it works great. My saddle bags are always loaded with every day stuff like tools, extra CD's and a few extra goodies and using the soft bags for that stuff I find is easier to access without, since the sides just flop down.

I use ALL the space in my saddle bags when traveling. Even the little bit that the hard liners would take up is too much for me. Most of my clothes go in the tourpack or in a water proof bag on the luggage rack or the seat.
Just as fast popping a few bungy cords to check in.

I would go with the soft liners if I had to choose, but like a few others here, my saddlebags stay pretty much loaded with tools, rain gear, riding gear, first aid kit, quart of oil, etc on long trips.

having come from sportier bikes to the Ultra I already think the beast is rather ungainly handling (but nice on the highway :)) let alone putting a bunch of weight in the tour box. I reserve that for helmets and jackets and the like when off the bike. All travel clothing, tools etc. go in the saddle bags (using the soft liners almost all the time, tools under them, to keep any grime from getting on the clothes) or on a bag on the passenger seat to keep weight as low as possible and as far over the wheels as possible...ymmv.

I use ALL the space in my saddle bags when traveling. Even the little bit that the hard liners would take up is too much for me. Most of my clothes go in the tourpack or in a water proof bag on the luggage rack or the seat.
Just as fast popping a few bungy cords to check in.

I would go with the soft liners if I had to choose, but like a few others here, my saddlebags stay pretty much loaded with tools, rain gear, riding gear, first aid kit, quart of oil, etc on long trips.
This is pretty much how I feel too.

Back