free website stats program Hard bag liners | Harley Davidson Forums

Hard bag liners

If you tour then they are great. I use mine and it's alot easier to load and unload the bike, and I think I get more in the bags with them.....I think they are great to have....

I use soft bag liners in my leather bags...but only when loading up for quick removal, when on the road... otherwise they are zipped and collapsed lying in the bottom. I prefer to just "toss" things in, not using the liners for speedier loading.

I use the liners only if I am packing stuff "formally" (folded items to keep clean and dry) that I want to pull out for the night at a hotel for instance. Hard ones would limit storage somewhat, get in the way on occasion, and I worry about wear and tear of the fasteners and what not.

Can't say I've ever used mine. Rain suit, tire repair kit, pump, first aid kit and stuff like that stay in one saddle bag all the time. The other stays mostly empty for my jacket. When I travel soft luggage strapped to the rack or seat is what get dragged into the hotel room. If you don't keep a lot of gear in your saddle bags all the time I can see they may be useful.

perfect for traveling with the spouce, one bag and one bag only for each of us. If you cant fit it in the bag, it dont go. The trunk get filled with raingear chaps jacket and such.

They are great for traveling. Grab your bag take it to your room. No muss, no fuss.We use ours all the time. Easier to pack, one for her, one for me.

I've always used the soft liners as they provide some flexibility in getting your saddle bag loaded up. If you happen to travel with some tools (mini air compressor, tool-roll, etc) that you keep in the bottom of your saddle bag, the soft liners allow you to say do a 3/4 load and still be able to place in your saddle-bag and crunch it up some in order to get the lid snapped on. I think with a hard liner (have never used one), you'd have to place your saddle-bag utilities that you may normally ride with inside the hard liner or tour-pak to get the liner into the side bag.

But I do find the bags useful.

Back