free website stats program H4 - 80/100 Osram Bulb | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

H4 - 80/100 Osram Bulb

Received the upgrade bulb and installed this past Saturday not real impressed with the results. Need something brighter, but the HID is too expensive. Any suggestions on another bulb?

Did you get the OSRAM bulb (4th one down on the "new" website list?). Easy to order the wrong one, so make sure you kept the box and confirmed the package is for THE 80/100W one and NOT the 55/60W ones nearby. :15:

Interesting stuff. After being disappointed, I did the 25' test. The center of the beam was only 18" off the ground. I adjusted it to about 30" off the ground based on another post in this forum, and also information in my owners manual.

What an amazing difference! This bulb is awesome! I appreciate the advice on this change. Will keep you posted.

I put the Harley HID dual bulb set up on my 07 streetglide. I like the dual bulb setup but I'm not that impressed with the high beam. it shines out there but it doesnt illuminate as big of an area as the factory set up. It seems to me that it needs to be adjusted up quit a bit so that the low beam doesnt shine right in front of the bike. I wonder if this 80/100 bulb would be benificial in my high beam socket?

I did the osram switch yesterday and tried it out last night. Worked great. Thanks again Glider.

The Osram 80/100 bulb works fine, and really illuminates a wider area besides the focused center (it is after all technically an "off road" light. The stock 55/60 just will not cut it on a moonless night, and can be downright dangerous. For those concerned about current draw on low beam: at 55W/14V = ~4A the 80W/14 = ~5.7A for an additional load of 1.7A or 24W, so when adding up the other lamps, it still falls well with the 15A fusing for the lighting system. :coffee

Just make sure that you inspect the lighting system bulb socket contacts and the electrical connections are clean (use a good contact cleaner and if unsure, mate and break your connectors a couple times), the last time before you connect, coat with di-electric grease to prevent moisture intrusion and possible corrosion. :s

I just ordered my OSRAM 80/100. Thanks to HDTimeline again.

Received in the mail via USPS today. Total shipping time was four days including the weekend.

INSTALLED:
Had to cut a small tab off of the tin mount prior to installation.. Easy enough, wow, what a difference. I turned on my new headlight and compared it with my wife's 09 FLHX. Definitely brighter, looks like I had my bright on. I even made my son come out to the darkened garage to show off my handywork. He was only slightly impressed (what can you say to a 15 year old). Oh, it was an OSRAM too, not the Sylvania. Do I have to order another for my wife's bike? RHETORICAL!

Last edited:
I installed this bulb exactly one year ago today. Last night, the bulb burned out. This seems a little premature for a halogen bulb failure. I would say that there was well under 100 hours on the bulb. Any other longevity experiences with this bulb?

I like the obvious upgrade in light emission; however, the life seems a LOT shorter than "normal."

Back