free website stats program H.F. Steel VS Aluminum Jack | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

H.F. Steel VS Aluminum Jack

This is a real interesting thread. I got the OTC 1545 steel motorcycle lift (weight less than 100 lbs.) because it was reasonable price ($150+-) and the 3 1/2 clearance. It will roll under my 07 Ultra Classic without any contact. Have had the bike on the lift several times. It is real stable. Have turn the bike around several times with out putting the straps on it. I looked at some of the high dollar lift but could not justify the cost ( could afford it). Will not be simulate riding while on the jack will do that on the road. The OTC is a good 1500 lbs. jack in my opinion.

For what it’s worth, I’m almost (but not quite) ashamed to say that I use a motorcycle/atv jack that I purchased from WalMart for $39.00. It’s a blue GM Goodwrench jack. My local WalMart had it marked down last year and they were discontinuing it. It raises my Ultra quite nicely and holds it up steadily with no problems at all. It’s rated for 1500 lbs. I hope I haven’t just jinxed myself.

Back