free website stats program Guy tried to run over me | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Guy tried to run over me

Hey Diver,

You did well, you came through it with no scrapes. That's all that really matters, keep a sharp eye out!

You did well riding defensively. Horns....? I've gotten in the habit of blowing the horn at just about anyone I see driving and talking on a cell phone weather on two wheels or driving four.......... nine times out of ten it seems as though the horn doesn't even register on them.....?

The "LOOK" is what is the worst you all know what I'm talking about.....the look the driver of the car gives you ,they look at you as if you appeared out of thin air and just popped up out of nowhere to inconvenience them on there way to get there 12 pack of beer( this is way more important than a motorcyclist life)
WAP.gif

I thought since im a new Harley Owner,I was the only one having this problem,, i never seem to hit the Horn when i really need to use it!!! Ive also put the mini bleast horn on my Bike!!!!

When I first saw this I thought someone deliberately tried to hit you.I've never had that happen,but one time a guy who cut me off,into some gravel,smiled at me,at the next stop sign.He saw I almost lost control of the bike,and had a big grin on his face.I don't think he'd a been too broke up if I'd wiped out.I've never once hit the horn when I try.I think it's cause you have to take your eye's off what's at hand to hit it.And when your getting run off the road it's an all attention getting situation.I've made little fleeting oaths that I'm going to practice hitting it.I've found it in non emergency situations.But never in an emergency.

Like most that have posted I think you did a great job of keeping the bike upright and not getting hit. Sometimes hitting the horn can cause the other driver to jerk the wheel and no telling where they might go. I have found that after I recover my lane I then blow the horn to let the idiot know someone is here and I'm not to happy.

I do a "horn test" almost every time I ride. I do the test where no one else can be seen nearby. I live in a hilly part of town and there are a few turns where people can not see what is coming around the bend.

After being cut off too many times, I upgraded the Harley horn to super loud duel air horns. A few times people started to cut out of a parking lot in front of me, and a quick blast of my air horns stopped them.

I'm glad you reacted safely. I have seen many car commercials advertising that their ride is like a sound proof room, so I ride like I am invisible.

Good Luck

:44:

Back