free website stats program Grip replacement | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grip replacement

They may move, but resetting bones is not necessarily as hard but lots more painful...ouch!!!

I knew Hobbit had more uses for his hair spray than keeping his pretty locks in place...will this start another trend similar to glider & pledge???:s

Although I will use this tip when installing my new aileron grips...

I remember using hair spray in the 70's to install grips on my BMX bicycle! Worked great; when wet it made the grips slide on and it dries quick and turns into glue.
WAP.gif

hairspray, never would of thunk that, now the wife will have another reason to chase me down with her rolling pin

Do you spray it on the bar or in the grip? Getting ready to replace mine with some Willie G Skulls and do not see any glue in the package.

The Hair spray trick didn't work for me... After 3-days of not disturbing it... it had not set-up. It may have been the wrong brand or something... I had to remove the grip re-clean it & I used the glue that came with the grips... Kuryakyn "Black widow" adhesive... Seems to be holding well.

Hobbit, What I used was a brand called "Bed Head". My daughter said it was a hard to hold formula, so I thought that should work... Oh well, I still appreciate ALL the other Great tips on this site, That's the first one that didn't work for me... No problem :D

Back