free website stats program Greetings from Braveheart country!! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Greetings from Braveheart country!!

Hi Rob,
Welcome to this great forum from Manchester.
Hope you have loads of fun on your new toy, you'll be glad you took the step to get a Harley.
The folks on here are fantastic.
Regards,
Tom

Thanks for the greetings guys and the nice comments. Yes, I'm lucky to live in a lovely part of a beautiful country but I've travelled all over the world and found that just about everywhere has it's beautiful parts.
I was in the States on the east coast back in the late 70's and will always remember the friendship and kindness I was shown. Nice place and nice people.
Thanks for the heads up Brian. Yes, I was thinking of making the ride back then after due consideration, decided that an unknown bike and the onset of winter conditions made it not a good idea.
Must admit I did not consider Carb Icing...interesting. Thanks.
So, I'm looking to hire a bike trailer. Bit of a complication in that I want to kill two birds with one stone and use the trip south to visit my children from my first 'life' in West Sussex. Be there for a week or so and that could pump up any hire rates considerably. Still, I'll find an answer. You know what they say, not problems just situations awaiting a solution. :)
Cheers
Rob

Hi Tom, thanks mate. Yes, looks a good site, friendly peeps with a wealth of knowledge and happy to share. Think I'm going to be here for a while. I've waited a long time to get this bike and we're not going to be parted for a long time either!
Regards
Rob

Rob,
When I was five years old I saw a Harley and said to my Dad 'When I grow up, I want a Harley'.
41 years later, I got one but never grew up LOL. Thankfully, my dad is still around to see it.
Ride safe mate.
Tom

Be aware that it is customary for forum members to post photos of their Bike once they get it home

Brian

May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face. From the Harris clan. Enjoy your Harley I hope to make it over one day, in the meantime keep the shiny side up and post pics of your new ride.

Thanks guys, great welcome. And you know what, I kind of expected it, knowing bikers! Pics will follow I assure you mate!! :D
Cheers
Rob

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider
From Central Florida.

Back