free website stats program Greetings from Braveheart country!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Greetings from Braveheart country!!

allegedly

Hi guys, Rob here. Greetings from the side of a mountain in Fort William on the North West coast of Scotland.
Can't tell you how good this feels to finally say I'm a Harley owner!
Years of different cars and bikes, from a single man with a sports car and a Jap sports bike to being a twice married dad with a Land Rover and a push bike and half a rugby team of kids, but everytime I heard a Harley, I said I've got to get one of them. But I never did.
So, after dodging a scam artist on Fleabay (close call, very convincing email purporting to be from fleabay), I got an old '95 Fat Boy today. Black. great and I've not even picked her up yet!
Just organising a drive down to Bristol in England to do just that.
I'm like a bloody kid at Christmas....you may say I should have done it sooner..maybe so but I've always had other commitments...family man so others always came first but now I can and I have and just saying it feels great. Worth the wait.
I'll be back 'cos it looks like you guys know your stuff and being a '95 something tells me I will eventually need some guidance.
I'll tell you about the first ride. Though I think you'll already know what I'm going to say. :D
Cheers
Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum from Suwannee and the Wallace clan.

Hi HDDon,
Jeez, if I'm going to be greeted, as a Scotsman, I cannot think of a finer name to say welcome!!
Thank you, Mr Wallace, I'll be driving past your familys' best loved sons' memorial just outside Stirling when I go to collect the Fat Boy. I'll say hello for you.
Cheers sir,
Regards
Rob

Thanks tourbox,
It's taken me a while to get here but something tells me I'm here for good.
Just finishing up a wee glass of Talisker (my wifes from the Isle of Skye and a recent visit allowed me to 'top up') and then off to bed as it's one am here. Like I said, a kid at Christmas!
Regards
Rob:D

Welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to review the forum rules in the link below and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Forums

Welcome aboard, glad to have you here. :ws

I just got to visit your beautiful country this year, we stayed near Lanark. The place we stayed has a tree called the 'Peace Tree' and it is said to be the tree that William Wallace & Robert the Bruce signed the peace charter with England under. :s It is on the monument register for Scotland, but it is on a private residence, so not open to the public.

Welcome!

Welcome to the forum
Are you going to ride the bike home from Bristol ? as that is a long way at this time of year with a bike that you do not know
If bike still has the stock carb they can ice up when it is cooler and the weather is damp

Brian

Back