free website stats program Great lead to follow | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Great lead to follow

Another thing brought up in a previous thread, before shifting, hold in the clutch and count off 3-5 seconds to allow engine vibration and no clutch pressure holding the plates together loosen up the oil film and separate...more a chance to lessen clutch plate "sticking" so not so much of a bang. It does make a difference...'course I use Spectrol in my Sporty and in mild SoCal climate I still feel and hear the difference doing so.

Yep it really works......I did this and there was no bang at all when I put it in gear. I had to let the clutch out to make sure it was really in gear. :D :D

Thanks for the replys.
Glider, I have not changed my trans yet, I will be doing it this week. You say the Spectro is better at stopping that cold shift band, and better over all then the Red Line? I can buy Red Line or Spectro. Thanks Lew
Spectro is the winner there. I have used them both and both are good products but the Spectro gets my vote for the cold weather to minimize the trans bang into gear.

I also took Gliders advice on this issue, I changed mine and my wifes bike to spectro and also noticed the difference in ease of getting in gears and finding nuetral, My wife also noticed the difference and commented on this and she rarely notices mechanical issues, Thats proof positive !!!:newsmile100:

I've read several posts in this thread about proping your bike up with bricks, boards walls and fences. I just did the 1K fluid change out on my UC, but before I did I purchased (got the link from this site) a Lean-Right. It hooks on the bottom of the frame and allows you to lean the bike the other way to get to the tranny drain plug a little easier. With it leaning to the right, you can get alot more of the oil out of the tranny too!! Looks kinda weird leaning the wrong way, but it really works!!

Wayne

Back