free website stats program Grade Of Fuel Poll | Page 10 | Harley Davidson Forums

Grade Of Fuel Poll

Grade Of Fuel Used

• Hi Test Only (93)

Votes: 863 73.3%
  • Mid Grade Only (91)

Votes: 241 20.5%
  • Lower Grade Only (89)

Votes: 34 2.9%
  • Low Grade Only (87)

Votes: 28 2.4%
  • Doesn't Matter To Me

Votes: 11 0.9%

• Total voters
I use 91 , its the highest here, Sunoco has 93 our dealer says Sunoco blends Ethenol to get it to 93 and not to use it. I have tried it seems fine. I try and run the highest available.

Now I am confused ( doesn't take much ) my manual says up to 10% ethanol is ok up to 10% methanol is not ok. My question, is the manual incorrect and I should stay away from 10% ethanol. I can get 94 octane with ethanol or only 91 without where I am.

Here in Canada they have mandated the Ethanol mix,so I have been running Sunoco ultra 94,at least they state it on their pumps.and it gives me an octane rating 3 higher then Shell or the others.JMO

I run a couple gallons of 110 through my softtail about once a month. Eliminates any chance of pinging, but you can't beat the smell of running 110.

Even though my clymer manual says 87 is norm I run high test. Every Harley rider I have asked says to run high test because it is best for Harleys.

I always use 93 octane(2006 fxdbi), and even then when it's warm and I'm
headed up a huge incline I still hear a pinging noise.

Last edited:
I find no benfit running premium, the bike starts better when hot on mid grade and runs like garbage on ethanol

Back